Changing my 3 old ip cameras for 4 new ones, one with auto tracking, advice wanted.

SmellyCat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!

First post, been lurking for a long time though :)

I am switching my 3 old IP outdoor cameras (China no names). Have had them since 2010, had my first event where I would have had good use of a good picture a few weeks ago. My old cameras have a super bad image and the only thing they are good for is to tell if there is someone outside or not...

I am a private user with a very limited budget, and I am looking at these cameras:

First is the one with auto tracking:
Brand Sunba Model: 805-DG20X Pro Link: 805-dg20x-pro1080p-2-0mp-hdonvif20x-optical-zoomhigh-speed-ptz-auto-tracking

At 489$ US It is a bit expensive so I am wondering if anyone has any experience with it or any advice about the camera?
What differs the Sunba 2mp one and noname same model 2mp with the same specs but about a 100$ difference in price?
Are the auto tracking function able to have different zones so if something moves within the zone the camera starts tracking it and anything outside the set zones it doesnt?
Any general advice on this camera or auto tracking would be much appriciated!

I am also looking on adding 3 more cameras CCTV-1080P-2MP-10x-Zoom-POE-IR80M-IP66-Mini-Outdoor-PTZ

They are a bit cheaper at 159$ US each. What I am after with them is the 10x optical zoom and pt function. Never heard of the brand ONELIFE
before.

I have been looking but cant seem to find any other ptz 2mp outdoor bullet camera with 10x zoom. So if you know of any with a better brand id be happy to look at buying those instead. These are what I come up with after searching for about 2 weeks that matches my criteria.

I am after cameras that will be good enogh to catch ex tattos etc.

Long first post, sorry for rambling.

Cheers

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Re: Changing my 3 old ip cameras for 4 new ones, one with auto tracking, advice wante

buying a cheap PTZ for autotracking is like buying a hum-vee for great gas millage..

hint: autotracking sucks til you get into 4 figures, and then it still sucks.. just not as badly.

tattoos outdoors @ night? haha, thats alot harder than you think it is and its going to cost you an order of magnitude more than your prepared to spend.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.