Changed ISP to mobile broadband.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. Just changed my ISP to a mobile broadband provider. Plugged in all the relevant ethernet plugs into my new mobile router (huawei) and my network switch but nothing works except connection to the internet. None of the camera connection lights on the netgear 8 port switch are alight and I cannot access the cameras to change the http address. looked in the router settings but nothing showing regarding any camera connections.

Any ideas ?

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've swapped about the connections on the switch and the camera connections are now alight (solid) but no show in the router as connections

DG99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sound like your lan IP address subnet has changed with the new router, what was your ip of the cameras before, what IP are you getting on your PC.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the cameras were on 192.168.1.***

IP now on PC 192.168.8.1

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
3 Cameras are now plugged into switch which is connected to new router. There are 3 connections showing in router as IP6 connections with mac addresses but no IP4 addresses so where do I go from here. Have done an ip scan with a piece of software but they don't show there.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just last week I had a friend received a replacement AT&T 4G/LTE mobile modem/router (Motorola) and couldn't view his cam in Blue Iris. The modem's default LAN IP is 192.168.0.1.

He runs Blue Iris on a PC with static IP and had 4 cams already static IP's and a DVR with 6 cams, all on the192.168.1.XXX subnet.
It was easier to log into the modem's webGUI and change its LAN IP and the DHCP pool range to the 192.168.1.XXX subnet vs logging into 10 cams and changing them.

BTW, I suggest not using the switch (LAN) provided on the back of most routers as they don't handle much bandwidth that IP cams stream, instead run cams to an outboard switch, POE switch or POE NVR.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I carried out your suggestion and the cameras are discoverable. The problem I have now is I can't login to my router.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I carried out your suggestion and the cameras are discoverable. The problem I have now is I can't login to my router.
Insure PC is on the same (new ) subnet as the router.
Make ALL P's static using IP's outside of router's DHCP pool.
Run Ethernet cables: PC to switch, cams to switch, router to switch (or to #1 of dual NIC on PC)

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Subnet was the same

All IP’s. static. Do you mean ip’s of cameras.

cables are connected as you state

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If I cannot access my router my plan would be to access my cameras and change their ip,s to be within range of new routers original lan then factory reset the router ( huawei b535-33ea) . Would that work?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If I cannot access my router my plan would be to access my cameras and change their ip,s to be within range of new routers original lan then factory reset the router ( huawei b535-33ea) . Would that work?
Yes, but seems like more work and no real reason why the first method you tried won't work.
But let me ask anyway:
  1. IP of your PC?
  2. IP of router (gateway) ?

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1. Main Computer: 192.168.1.6
Blue Iris. Comp: 192.168.1.3

2 Gateway on both: 192.168.1.1

Original Router IP’s. 192.168.8.***

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Crazy

After many, many attempts to login using new lan it’s finally logged in.

Many thanks for your assistance.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Crazy

After many, many attempts to login using new lan it’s finally logged in.

Many thanks for your assistance.
Oftentimes, when you type in a URL with an IP or web site, it'll bring up the old one and even if you arrow up/down to the new or correct one when you hit <ENTER> the old one is entered! Drives me crazy....
I try to highlight the old one and hit the <DEL> key.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep, I know that syndrome. Definitely using new address cos it stayed in the browser. Funny, had given up and happened to put in the address on my phone and the Huawei page popped up, wasn’t expecting that.
Alls well that ends well, Thanks again :)