Change PTZ Presets based upon BI Motion Zones?

Reaction score
Hello -

Have PTZ camera. Have BI 5.

Trying to have a starting PTZ Preset (Preset 1) that is wide.
Would have multiple trigger zones on this wide image.

Emample:
If Zone A is triggered, goto Preset 2.
If no motion detected for X seconds, goto Preset 1.
If Zone B is triggered, goto Preset 3.
If no motion detected for X seconds, goto preset 1.

Hoping that within the last year of development this has been implemented.

Any guidance?

wittaj

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, it can be done. I call it the poor man autotrack LOL.

You simply clone the spotter camera for each zone you want to use to trigger. So in your case two clone cameras - one for Zone A and the other for Zone B.

Then you go to the camera setting and configure the motion for the Zone you want, then under "When Triggered", select the camera group for the PTZ (you may need to make a group for it), and then select the Move to preset and select the preset number you want.

You can also set it up under the Alerts tab as well, but this one is the easiest.

1599697713661.png

Mike A.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You could/can do the same with v4 and with triggers from other cams. I do with a PTZ at the front of the house that swings to different presets. i.e, Front door cam triggers, it moves to provide another angle for that. Driveway cam triggers, it moves to view that. Returns after N time. One of the more useful functions of the PTZ I think.

Reaction score
Back with an update.

Thank you to @wittaj and @Mike A. for your assistance! It took some figuring out but I now have a trigger setup when someone walks to my porch and is triggered by a bullet camera the PTZ camera zooms from a different angle. The item that was holding me up and may assist someone else is that the 'spotter camera' as referenced above is the camera that is viewing a specific area not (in my case) a PTZ camera -- it was the bullet camera.

Working well now. :) Thank you.

Dave Lonsdale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call it “the poor man auto track” wittaj, I’d call it brilliant! All the many who who criticise the sometimes very unpredictable autotracking built into PTZ cams should give this a whirl. I certainly will.

I’m pleased it’s working reliably for you MakingCoffee. Does your evidence of reliability stretch back to last September or did you get around to implementing it just now over your Xmas holiday?