Caught with LTS CMIP3042W-28

pdxDavid

n3wb
Reaction score
Not able to get a license plate number, but you can see they are perusing the neighborhood and stop to steal a large planter pot.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good grief, some people will steal anything that is not nailed/bolted down. :p

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
All I saw couple pixels going in one direction and then double pixels coming back :)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
You have quite a bright street there since you are able to run the cam in daylight mode, but even that isn't a deterrent to some...

pdxDavid

n3wb
Reaction score
You have quite a bright street there since you are able to run the cam in daylight mode, but even that isn't a deterrent to some...
Yeah, I have 3 LEDs on the front of the house and right over the basketball hoop is the street light, which is also LEDs. Still not bright enough. Day image is pretty good. Still can't get a plate number with the 2.8mm.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats portland for yeh, gotta keep it weird somehow.. :)

if you wanna get plates at night your best off dedicating a camera to it, one of those Huisun PTZ's should do the trick.

pdxDavid

n3wb
Reaction score
thats portland for yeh, gotta keep it weird somehow.. :)

if you wanna get plates at night your best off dedicating a camera to it, one of those Huisun PTZ's should do the trick.
Indeed, have to be weird.

I am always right on the fence about getting a Huisun PTZ. Need to see more of the triggering and zooming etc. or else it seems like a zoomed in static cam. I see yours doing some stuff, so I know it can be done.

Oh, cut yer damn hair ! LOL Friggin door-to-door-dicks.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont own a Huisun, but for the price of it.. with the optics and image chipset, your going to be hard pressed to get better results reading plates for less money.

it is basically a static cam, but with 60mm optics and adjustable focus.. and built in IR, all important things you need in a dedicated plate camera

its biggest flaw is it lacks a MJPEG feed, its h264 only.. thus it's not compatible with OpenALPR, but it'll still capture plates for manual reading.. I woulda bought one for plate reading if it did MJPEG, instead I spent considerably more than that to build a static camera (170 cam + 40 lens + 60 ir) and on spec sheet all I got was better IR and more MP to show for it.. but it does MJPEG and works at distances you dont have to worry about.. oh I had to build an enclosure because my build was not IP66 rated.

if you can live with the Huisun's limitations it'd make a fine dedicated plate camera, a few guys are using it for that and already helped police investigations..

the Huisun doing cool automation tracking stuff like in my videos is not doable, or I'd already have one up somewhere.. it lacks a documented API and all attempts to reverse engineer it have failed.. but find a 1080p IR Varifocal 6-60mm for $150 shipped to your door is a tall order if it was not for that lil junk PTZ.

Last edited by a moderator:

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not able to get a license plate number, but you can see they are perusing the neighborhood and stop to steal a large planter pot.

Lots of noise there and motion blur. May want to play with the WDR, NR and gain. I also use LTS cams 2MP ones and I'm able to capture both front and back plates as cars fly down the alley at 30 to 40 MPH. Here is a screen shot from just 4 of them no fine tuning was done gain @40 WDR@ off and NR@50 1/30 on the shutter. Bear in mind this is a screen shot from the computer, on the TV with the NVR its much clearer and more detailed and much brighter.

good capture tho
Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 2.33.04 AM.png

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the video, is that the turret model

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I believe I have the same model and it does the same thing with all the noise if I leave it on color or daylight mode, but its not nearly that bad. Maybe you should try to switch it to night time mode.

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont own a Huisun, but for the price of it.. with the optics and image chipset, your going to be hard pressed to get better results reading plates for less money.

it is basically a static cam, but with 60mm optics and adjustable focus.. and built in IR, all important things you need in a dedicated plate camera

its biggest flaw is it lacks a MJPEG feed, its h264 only.. thus it's not compatible with OpenALPR, but it'll still capture plates for manual reading.. I woulda bought one for plate reading if it did MJPEG, instead I spent considerably more than that to build a static camera (170 cam + 40 lens + 60 ir) and on spec sheet all I got was better IR and more MP to show for it.. but it does MJPEG and works at distances you dont have to worry about.. oh I had to build an enclosure because my build was not IP66 rated.

if you can live with the Huisun's limitations it'd make a fine dedicated plate camera, a few guys are using it for that and already helped police investigations..

the Huisun doing cool automation tracking stuff like in my videos is not doable, or I'd already have one up somewhere.. it lacks a documented API and all attempts to reverse engineer it have failed.. but find a 1080p IR Varifocal 6-60mm for $150 shipped to your door is a tall order if it was not for that lil junk PTZ.
I totally agree with Nayr re the Huisun as a plate camera. I've got one up and it's already caught one thief stealing our lawn man's blower. He drove by and I was able to see his plate clear as could be. I've got it zoomed into the middle of the street and just leave it there. I get every plate...drawback is I can't get it to change it's camera settings to capture plates at night automatically. If i could figure that out using my Dahua NVR i'd be a happy camper!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
do the presets work to force a refocus mik? if so the dahua nvr is documented with a cgi api, you can change presets on ptz's pretty easy.. perhaps you can have it change preset and back at sunrise with an external script.

i have to do refocus mine at sunset/sunrise too, the IR correction is too much.. just throws everything out of wack, more so for plates even.

pdxDavid

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe I have the same model and it does the same thing with all the noise if I leave it on color or daylight mode, but its not nearly that bad. Maybe you should try to switch it to night time mode.
When I put it in night mode the faces are blown out (overexposed) and I get a lot of ghosting. I can't seem to get all the settings right. When I mess around with it it tends to get even worse, so I just put it back to day mode. Will have to play with it more as I know from others it can get a good pic. I do want one of the Huisuns. The PTZ would be a lot of fun.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
lower 3D noise reduction and gain.. gain will reduce the overexposure and lower noise, and lowering 3D noise reduction will get rid of the ghosting.. lowering both will have little impact on your daytime image, but will help at night alot.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
@mik, if you've got a PC you should be able to connect the Huisun to the PC, change the exposure from auto to, say, 1/500th, drop the gain, reconnect to the NVR, and see plates night and day. You won't get faces at night though, just plates. Not as precise as a script, particularly if you can get the script to recognize an offset from sunrise and sunset, but simple and it works. 1/500th worked fine for me in my conditions day and night but I don't have it set on a plate job so it's on auto mode all the time except for plate experimentation. If I did more active use of the Huisun at night I'd look into setting a preset (hopefully hooked to a keystroke in BI) that I could flash quickly from auto to 1/500th or a 1/1000th to grab a quick plate and switch back when checking out the 'hood at night.

Last edited by a moderator: