Caught Night Burglars Stealing Elderly Woman's Wind Chime off Porch

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
These 2 clowns do a premeditated burglary at 1:30am to steal an old ladies wind chime. I tried to foot chase one but he got into car too fast. Local News Station wants an interview on this one.
Notice also in the video, as the guy is jumping into the car he drops something. I just went and checked and he dropped the wind chime ringer weight. It is a heavy piece of wood that catches the wind and hits the tubes to chime them. I spoke to the old woman and she said it is too bad they stole it because they do not make that particular one any longer. Posted to YouTube and Crime Check in our town.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Douches. Copper wind chime? It wouldn't be worth much as scrap anyway. Hopefully the theft doesn't damage her peace of mind too badly.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
iirc a video from portland where someone stole a plant off someone's front porch.. the Pac NW is full of a bunch of weirdo thieves who must steal stuff to give as gifts or there own projects or whatever.. I cant think of any justifications for a Wind Chime other than it was a shiny object and these punks are only working with bird brains.

here in Colorado had video surveillance of a bench getting stolen off someone's porch, at first I was like WTH.. then it was recovered on craigslist and later reported to be an antique bench salvaged from RedRocks so it at least it had some value.. I'd love to have an antique RedRocks bench.. the lady who bought it off craigslist saw the news report later and turned it in to the police department.. sux for her the most; but she did what was right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The older lady was hurt and said the chimes cannot be replaced since they do not make them anymore. She also is scared that they were on her porch as well. I have come to a point now that I am not going to run after them and give chase, but I will be shooting them with a high power sling shot which I am a superior shot at using one. It will be a much more amusing thing to see a marble bouncing off the head of a thief or going through the back window of their car. I have had enough BS seeing this happen in our neighborhood and it will give me some time to sharpen up on my live target shooting at these meth addicts. No more second guessing either, if your walking my neighborhood at 1:30am be wary of flying steel balls.