Catalytic Converter Theft on Nextdoor

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've got a couple Ryobi lithium 18V tools, and for my uses they are fine (a drill-driver, a small rotary handheld saw, and a angle grinder). I had an older Dewalt drill (nicad powered) that was a workhorse, but the batteries were dying, and I won the Ryobi drill + saw in a raffle, so I switched, no complaints so far.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Technically, you could mess them up with VFL audio, say around 6CPS. It would need to be fairly loud but they'd get that hair on the bck of the neck standing up feeling and probably leave very quickly.

They did that a while ago with teenagers and then some decided it broke their human rights. Not sure what the status is now in the UK, it doesn't appear banned but you never hear of one in use (no pun intended). The Wiki suggests it may be banned in some countries. Might be legal in the US though. Check your local laws:

Not sure what all the fuss is about. If I turn my speakers to full volume, I can hear the sample in the Wiki. Just not at normal volumes. I'm assuming it's that I'm hearing and not some volume induced noise. I would say it's possibly annoying but only like standing next to an industrial plant with high voltage transformers or similar.

There was also a period where some shops decided to play classical music over pa systems as teenagers didn't like it:

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I used to like Milwaukee, then the magic smoke came out of my 1/2" battery drill while drilling a 1/2" hole in a 2x4. Now I've got a Rigid, lifetime warranty on the drill and battery and it's a true torque monster.
So you got a rigid from drilling a 1/2” hole in a 2x4 Too much detail me thinks

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not going to lie, I get a little bit excited when I walk through any lumber section of a hardware store

That's only your internal defibrillator responding to the prices...haha

*True story - I responded to a cocaine OD yrs ago. Resuscitated the dude, got him to ER, and minutes later I saw another team rush a senior woman through the emerg doors. Later I found out it was my patient's Mother. Police had left my scene, and gone over to inform the man's Mother that her son had OD'd and was resuscitated and brought in to the ER. She literally dropped dead! I kid you not. Officers say she dropped dead to the ground, but milliseconds later her indwelling defibrillator kicked in and brought her back...nuts.