Catalytic Converter Theft on Nextdoor

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Someone posted this to Nextdoor - this person is wanting to know if anyone can help them ID who stole his catalytic converter in the night...how many issues with this can we identify LOL...

IMG_20210328_014204779.jpg

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
tI'd be more concerned about the dead guy next to the car :)

I wonder what goes through peoples minds when they post stuff like this, maybe to warn others about thefts in your local area but it's hard to even make out the car never mind the perp.

I had something similar, a neighbour a few doors away knocked on my door and asked if I had seen or noticed this guy, he showed me a still of him on his phone. The picture was as good as the one in the OP, I think I counted 2, maybe 3 pixels that made up the guys face, so basically a blob. Told him I had CCTV and I would check to see if he maybe also checked my cars, found him and gave him the clips which he then reported to the police. He came back later asking what cams I had as they were much better than his.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like it's time for some enhancement.

I have used what I believe are some of the best image enhancement programs available commercially. They're in the Topaz AI line. And while they're amazing, what we always see in these shows where they "enhance" a crappy image is usually nothing short of miraculous to the point of being absurd, as I'm sure you're all well aware.

Good stuff, but can't do anything like what we see depicted in these shows and movies, of course! And, you'll have to work at it a bit.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Is he using one of the new satellite cameras? Maybe he's got one mounted on the enterprise mentioned above or a 5442 ZE with it's long zoom mounted on the moon....

It seems he's more concerned about the theft of a $100 camera than an $800 cat or $20,000 car. Priorities got screwed somewhere especially as footage isn't stored on the camera.

Thank god for the green of the chromatic aberrations on the driveway or all he'd have got was a black dressed person against a black background ie nothing, although with that much noise / aberration at night, I doubt he'd have anything usable even at driveway level.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I used to like Milwaukee, then the magic smoke came out of my 1/2" battery drill while drilling a 1/2" hole in a 2x4. Now I've got a Rigid, lifetime warranty on the drill and battery and it's a true torque monster.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Probably not a DeWalt, though, unless he stole it.

I was going off the 'enhanced image' .. haha

Don't even get me started on the tard's jeans slung below his ass all gansta. The world has gone to shit in a zombie apocalypse of low lifes preying on everyone around them. Cameras need to come with a laser beam option.

Zap! Zap!......ZAPZAPZAPZAP!!!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen a few videos of paint ball cameras and one of an actual gun mounted controlled by a camera and operator. The laser would be good, a nice heavy "sting" in an appropriate location would work wonders.

Last edited:

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Or some sonic weapon...

Cops ask questions, we could go all teenager-in-angst

"Whah? 'dunno ... m'eh"

As the perp lays on the ground bleeding from the ears.. :wtf:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Technically, you could mess them up with VFL audio, say around 6CPS. It would need to be fairly loud but they'd get that hair on the bck of the neck standing up feeling and probably leave very quickly.