Cat detected as Bird Codeproject AI

scuzzie2k

n3wb
Reaction score
for some reason my cats keep getting detected as birds? any suggestions?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
AI isn't perfect.

It comes down to field of view. The more you try to do with the wrong field of view the more likelihood of mis-identifications.

You can always train a model with your own images.

scuzzie2k

n3wb
Reaction score
AI isn't perfect.

It comes down to field of view. The more you try to do with the wrong field of view the more likelihood of mis-identifications.

You can always train a model with your own images.
Thanks for the reply, Ok this make sense, is it easy to train your own model?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes and no LOL. It takes some time to set the images and run the model, but several folks here do it.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
My cats get labeled as dogs. They have threatened to kill me in my sleep over this. So far, I'm still alive, but a bit sleep-deprived lately.
You are fine as long as they are still threatening.... it's when they go quiet that you need to worry about it! ;)

joegr

n3wb
Reaction score
My cats get labeled as dogs. They have threatened to kill me in my sleep over this. So far, I'm still alive, but a bit sleep-deprived lately.
If it's any consolation, they planned to do this all along. It's just that now they have a justification for it.

My small dogs are frequently misidentified as cats. So far they don't seem to care. The raccoons being misidentified as cats, I'm not as sure about.