Car Door Checker...

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Last week law enforcement sent out an email blast to everyone registered in our neighborhood about some car break-ins. Went back to review the footage and found this scumbag:

The guy pulls his hood down at the damn perfect time unfortunately. Also I hadn't cleaned the camera lens in a couple months so it was dirtier than it should have been. I submitted my other camera footage from other viewpoints around the house to law enforcement. Hopefully he is caught in the future and they can use my footage to tack on extra charges.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting.

He goes back to wipe his prints.

Looks like it is time for some autotracking PTZs lol. He was looking up right before he got in range of the middle of the frame and then he turns around and looks back as he leaves.

Or more cameras LOL

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting.

Looks like it is time for some autotracking PTZs lol. He was looking up right before he got in range of the middle of the frame and then he turns around and looks back as he leaves.

Or more cameras LOL
Yeah I have another shot of him from another camera. Still, none are great since he has a hood and looks down. Probably could still ID him if he were caught elsewhere.

My new 4K-T will cover the sidewalk that he walked in on so that should help for future door checkers. We get a few a year.

Reaction score
That is why I have three cams covering my driveway. One on each side of the door and a third up high as an overview.

If you had a second one on the other side of the driveway, it would have been pointed directly at his face as he walked up the driveway from the right. I believe that you would have caught his face before he pulled the hood down.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
That is why I have three cams covering my driveway. One on each side of the door and a third up high as an overview.

If you had a second one on the other side of the driveway, it would have been pointed directly at his face as he walked up the driveway from the right. I believe that you would have caught his face before he pulled the hood down.

Truck blocks him when he gets close but there is a small snippet of his face as he walks up. Guy just gets real lucky.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Every time we had a door checker it showed a deficiency in my system, so I added more cams LOL.

We had one come thru that was really good at evading the cams, but you have enough pointed at places they aren't expecting and sometimes you get lucky. Not a super clean capture, but enough that the police knew who it was.

1682650541634.png

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting.

Or more cameras LOL
Doesn't make a good job though. He only wipes the outside. The inside of the handle should have a nice set of finger tips.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just like

Truck blocks him when he gets close but there is a small snippet of his face as he walks up. Guy just gets real lucky.
It's after 3AM so he needs to get home soon so he can get a good night's sleep so he can excel at his job tomorrow working for a living....
</end sarcasm>

Just like a #$%& cockroach...they come out at night. Did I mention I detest thieves? :angry:

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score

This is why I am considering adding another to my double bay header. I have good angles with the right side of the double bay and the left side of the single bay, but you don't get a good shot of the other side of the car with just the one double bay cam.

FC6163EF-90CC-497F-A2F4-6B53EAD86DAB.jpegDriveway 2023-04-28 09.02.30.2 AM.jpgDouble_Bay 2023-04-28 09.02.41.426 AM.jpgSingle_Bay 2023-04-28 09.02.55.603 AM.jpg

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Off Topic: (for @Ri22o) I noticed that the mailboxes are only on one side of the street. I've never seen this before.

What gives? ... Is that a one way street?
It's a normal, two way street.

Unfortunately it is not consistent throughout the neighborhood, but the thought is that the mail carrier only need to drive one direction to deliver the mail and not need to double back.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Off Topic: (for @Ri22o) I noticed that the mailboxes are only on one side of the street. I've never seen this before.

What gives? ... Is that a one way street?
I see a lot of newer subdivisions that do that for the reason outlined above.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But I am pretty sure you make the turn and they are on the other side.... :idk:
Yeah concept seems flawed on dead-end streets LOL

They make sense where parking is only allowed on one side of the street so they place the mailboxes on the other side so that the mail carrier doesn't have to weave in and out and get out of their truck for people parked in front of the mailbox.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah concept seems flawed on dead-end streets LOL

They make sense where parking is only allowed on one side of the street so they place the mailboxes on the other side so that the mail carrier doesn't have to weave in and out and get out of their truck for people parked in front of the mailbox.
It's not a dead end down to the right, the road makes a turn to the left and the mailboxes are now on the opposite side from where they are in front of my house.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's not a dead end down to the right, the road makes a turn to the left and the mailboxes are now on the opposite side from where they are in front of my house.
Yeah that totally doesn't make sense unless it is parked car on one side rule that forced it?