Car Door Checker Stole Valuables

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On Monday morning around 4:00 am 3 masked men wearing dark clothing were checking car doors on our street. One of them was a lookout, they seemed organized and they were really quick. They checked every car one at a time and took valuables from several of my neighbors. They came to my house, luckily my wife's car (white minivan) was locked. Sorry the video is so dark, we don’t have any streetlights. I talked to a bunch of my neighbors, got their videos and sent below to LAPD. I bet there is not much they can do but at least they are informed and can possibly use for evidence if they are ever captured.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great compilation video - what software did you use to piece it together?

This also shows that even with good cameras, why we say to either leave floodlights on all night or not at all.

Motion activated isn't a deterrent and ruins the exposure at the optimal moment to get a clean capture.

Prior to motion light and image is too dark to get an image:

1706229350458.png

Motion light comes on:

1706229212004.png

After the camera adjusts to the new light the perp is long gone from the field of view:

1706229266193.png

Granted he was wearing a mask, but a properly adjusted camera may have still been able to get the eyes or some other feature IF they police caught him.

Last edited:

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@wittaj I use the program called CapCut. It's free, super easy to use and works very well! As far as I know there is no spyware or malware I'm aware of. It's made by Byte Dance same Chinese company that makes TikTok.

Great observation and I've read many of your comments on other posts about this exact issue. I want to leave my lights on all night long but I'm Jewish and I'm really cheap haha. They are LED lights so it shouldn't be that much.