Can't wake screen from sleep

Reaction score
I'm running a Dell Optiplex with windows 10 and BlueIris as a windows service but every day or 2 it seems that I can't wake the screen from sleep. I have to force shut down with the power button and restart the computer.

Anyone have this issue? Is it blueiris or windows? I've tried various different power settings in windows and have "prevent power management from putting the PC to sleep" turned on in BlueIris. Ideally just the screen would go to sleep after inactivity and wake up with mouse movement.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suspect Windows did an update and changed a power setting. Go thru that line by line.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm running a Dell Optiplex with windows 10 and BlueIris as a windows service but every day or 2 it seems that I can't wake the screen from sleep. I have to force shut down with the power button and restart the computer.

Anyone have this issue? Is it blueiris or windows? I've tried various different power settings in windows and have "prevent power management from putting the PC to sleep" turned on in BlueIris. Ideally just the screen would go to sleep after inactivity and wake up with mouse movement.
And CNTRL-ALT-DEL does not bring up the Task manager?

Reaction score
Thanks, will give some of these suggestions a try. I've tried so many different articles I can't remember which ones. I have a hunch it might be the bios update. It seems to have started happening after the SSD failed and I reinstalled the OS on a new SSD.