Can't set RTSP sub stream profile

mcarson75

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a Reolink E1 Pro that I am connecting to Blue Iris. It works if I configure the sub stream this way it works (with Generic/ONVIF and RTSP):

1614012710055.png

I restarted Blue Iris and the camera wasn't working. I go into the settings and the sub stream is set back to "Main". However, when I change it, I can't seem to get it save. If I click "OK" on this screen and immediately go back into the video settings, it has reverted the sub profile back to MainStream - and no video.

1614012757283.png

What do I need to do to be able to save this change properly?

Thanks,
-Matt

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look at the difference in the pull down - for the sub portion you are pulling Profile000_mainstream and it needs to be Profile001_substream. That is the difference between those two pics...

Now if Reolink actually works in Blue Iris will be another topic altogether...and soon you will come here asking why it isn't catching motion LOL...

mcarson75

n3wb
Reaction score
Look at the difference in the pull down - for the sub portion you are pulling Profile000_mainstream and it needs to be Profile001_substream. That is the difference between those two pics...

Now if Reolink actually works in Blue Iris will be another topic altogether...and soon you will come here asking why it isn't catching motion LOL...
Yes, that's exactly the reason I posted those two screen shots - I'm asking why does Blue Iris change this setting on me? I change the pull down to substream, hit OK, and BI resets it to MainStream.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, I thought you meant you just when in and manually type changed the _01_main to _sub.

Did you confirm that the substream is active on the camera?

And it may just be an issue with Reolink and Blue Iris. It is well documented in this forum the issues that folks have had with reolink cameras and Blue Iris. Some can get some of the models to work, but there is a lot of frustration from folks as well with some models and not working properly in Blue Iris.

I suspect if the substream is active on the camera, you will need to submit a ticket request to Blue Iris and see if they can figure something out.

mcarson75

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I can view the main stream and sub stream both fine in VLC Player. I was able to get this working just now by deleting the camera and recreating it - but this time I never hit the "Find/Inspect" button and just manually typed in the values. This means that "(default)" is the only option under both stream profiles. Seems to be holding so far. So it seems that the "Find/Inspect" button has been causing my issues.

I've got several other Reolink cameras that are working great, but they are POE. This is the first wireless one I've got, and it's configured slightly differently (they are using RTMP). Motion works very well for me on all of them, but I am sending everything to AITools for external processing.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, the Find/Inspect usually does a good job, but occasionally it has an issue.

Glad you got it working!

Davidwr

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and on day 3 of a Blue Iris trial. I have a similar problem. I cannot understand how to set which stream is selected to the SD version of the camera using the substream. Both streams work in VLC using
main:
rtsp:/(user):(password)@192.168.1.244:554/stream1
Substream:
rtsp:/(user):(password)@192.168.1.244:554/stream2
The grab of the General tab shows that both streams are being received ok but can only get it to use the main stream in both the HD and SD versions of the camera. (see settings screengrabs).
Can anyone please help
CacagooStreams.jpgCacagooVideo.jpgCacagooVideo-Cinfigure1.jpgCacagooVideo.jpg