Can't Run Smart PSS

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Blue iris certainly will, its just user error...pss will only work with dahua and dahua rebrands...blue iris works with every single dahua and foscam camera you own.
Dahua NVR's will see most onvif cameras will little issue, If you are using a Dahua NVR to view third party cameras, SmartPss will see them through the NVR.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
well it can't see this particular camera. i've had many hassles with it. it is on ethernet cable. I came with a default IP something like 192.168.1.108 and for a long time I couldn't connect with it because I was trying to use the 12V input.

It just wouldn't work.

Eventually I got a PoE switch and then it sprang to life. And I set it to 10.0.0.108 and it worked for a few days.

Then I unplugged it for something and when plugged back in it couldn't be found.

Then I got a hardware NVR and plugged it into that and found it: at 10.1.1.67 !

A mysterious change. And contacam and blue iris can't see it.

So your statement that they'll see everything is good, means I have further indication that it is a faulty camera.
Its not mysterious at all, I assume your NVR has built in POE switch? Correct. Dahua standard IP pool IS 10.1.1.X, you plugged it into your nvr and it has a dhcp server built into it and the NVR gave it that IP address. Your cam is hiding behing the dahua NVr so it makes perfect sense why blue Iris and contacan cannot see it. You should have been able to see it through your NVR , sometimes you have to play with the camera types within the NVR settings to see it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dahua NVR's will see most onvif cameras will little issue, If you are using a Dahua NVR to view third party cameras, SmartPss will see them through the NVR.
Yes that is what I stated in my post 19 above...Pss will not work directly with the non dahua cameras...

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
[QUOTE=if the camera is on an NVR subnet no software can see it not even Pss.

Actually Smart PSS can see cameras very well behind the subnet. In live view you will see your NVR's and all the cameras connected to them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
no it can't...it's pulling the stream from the NVR ...by seeing I mean seeing the stream...

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Now that I understand your words, you are correct sir, seems he has a host of different issues, the fundamentals of networking and tcpip I find difficult to convey to the users here, sometimes I think it would be easier to remote into their network and see what is really going on, that being said i hope he makes out ok.

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
seems he has a host of different issues,
hello chris. Actually you solved this issue in post #2, as I acknowledged in post #3, didn't I? thanks for that.

I now have an interest in questioning the merits of nvr or non-nvr setups at different times. as I intimated - well, not intimated but stated outright, earlier in this thread. And I intend to start a new thread pursuant to that when I've got the time.

In that context this interests me:

the fundamentals of networking and tcpip I find difficult to convey to the users here
I would be interested, very interested, in seeing what you consider to be the fundamentals of networking and tcp/ip if you've got it all written down anywhere? or are prepared to write them down?

Lastly:

sometimes I think it would be easier to remote into their network
You're welcome to have a look within my system courtesy of team viewer at some time or other, in the interests of promoting the welfare of my systems, if you like.

i'd just need to 'clear the decks', so to speak, detach other computers/hard drives, limit the accessible to what I'm prepared to share.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey Abrogard,
Glad I could help, Im a for the most part NVR guy and could help you in that aspect with gettings your cams working through the NVR, Limited knowledge with BI servers. My networking fundamentals come through 27 years in the IT field. I do not mind helping you out..PM me and maybe we can hook up.