Can't Remotely View Video on DS-7716NI-SP/16

Tony G

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've developed a strange problem with my NVR (Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16 bought from Nelly's). I cannot view video remotely.

The NVR still has internet access, as it is emailing me when motion is detected, but I cannot view live or recorded video remotely. I've had the odd error come up but trying again a few seconds later has always resolved it. This time, it's been going on for over a day and it's on both my iPhone and my Mac (which has never happened before).

When I load ip iVMS on my iPhone, I get a message saying "[Connection failed]". Using iVMS on my Mac, I get "connection failed: device offline or timeout".

The cameras are in my rental villa in Florida and I'm in the UK, so I have only my motion detection emails to see what's going on.

Any ideas?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like a router issue, more than anything else. I've had this myself, it started to pi$$ me off, so I replaced the router. All the troubles all when away after that.

Are you sure your external IP has not changed?

Tony G

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think you're right. DynDNS says my IP is still the same - I tried connecting using both the IP address and the DynDNS alias but neither worked. That does sound like the IP has changed and DynDNS hasn't kept up with the change.

I hope I don't need a new router - mine is a cable-provider-supplied thing and replacements have to meet a very specific criteria which basically ensure any router I buy will be poorly featured. :(

If my IP has changed, how can I check what it is from here?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At one point I had a timer plug on my router because of this issue.

Reaction score
Hi there. I've got exactly same problem with my NVR DS-7716NI-E4/16P. The issue is in port forwarding and you will need to get port 8000 forwarded. In my case I have fiber optics cable coming into my home which is then plugged into my providers router, then i have FTP cable coming from that router going to my personal router and again FTP from my personal router into the NVR. Not sure how your setup looks like but you may need to contact your service provider and ask them to open up port 8000. In my case I had them replace the fiber optics router as the one installed did not support port forwarding. Now its working fine.

Also, if for some reason you cant make port forwarding work you can always use EZVIZ free service that Hikvision has. Its working just fine even without port forwarding. The only issue its a cloud based software and video stream comes with some delay.

hope that helps.