Cant remote live stream from NVR when using HTTPS

Noziroh

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a NVR where when I set it up with HTTPS using ports 443, 554 and 8000 as TCP I am not able to live stream remotely.
If I swap back to normal HTTP with ports 80, 554 and 8000 as TCP it works fine.
Does HTTPS need something more/else?

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What NVR? Cameras? Firmware? We need details. Many symptoms are different with different equipment

Noziroh

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes im sorry, my first post was alittle rushed.

I have a Hikvision DS-96128NI-I16C NVR,
It has the current newest firmware V4.40.506 build 201218.
It is running on a Cisco based company network, behind a ASA stateful firewall.
There are about 80 cameras connected to it, of many different types.
Remote live stream works fine when using a computer on the local network, the problem comes when connecting from outside.

The NVR's internal setup is as following:
IPv4 Adresse: 10.10.9.127
IPv4 Subnet: 255.255.254.0
IPv4 Gateway: 10.10.8.1
DNS: 1.1.1.1
Alternate DNS: 8.8.8.8

We have opened ports 443, 554 and 8000 as TCP for communication both ways.

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Firstly, you can resolve this by using iVMS, manually adding in your NVR using the locations public IP or a DDNS followed by port 8000 and the user credentials.

But. Even though that solves the overall issue, It still doesn’t answer your questions so here’s a list of potential reasons.

assuming you’re using a Mac, this is a known issue. And one im also pulling my hair out over as well. There is kind of a web page fix though. You’ll need to roll back your firmware. I found that to somewhat resolve the problem for me.

make sure your cameras bandwidth and frame rates are not crazy high on Main and Sub streams

https traffic is encrypted. Hikvision has been kind of wonky about their certificates and browsers don’t see their self signed Cert as trustworthy I guess... that’s less likely the issue

make sure you allow your browser custom permissions for that page. The browser could be blocking the feed

could also be firewall blocking the traffic

assuming you use windows, try installing the web plugin from this site. Use internet explorer as well.

your overall fix is to use iVMS-4200, plus you’ll need it to downgrade the firmware