Cant modify settings

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just purchased a Hikvision Dome 2132f-is and I can't connect it to the client server . I have my previous turret working but when I plugged this new one in to the poe switch it's giving me an ip address of 192.168.254.252, isn't this strange?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
run the hikvision sadp windows software and set the new cam's ip to something that'll work on your local network.

or if you don't have a windows pc, connect whatever you have directly to the cam with an ethernet cable,
temporarily set your Mac (or linux?) to 192.168.254.251 then bring up the cam in a browser and set it's ip to something that'll work on your net.

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Every time I try and change anything with that specific camera. I get an error message saying the data sent to or received from the device is incorrect.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
what is that 'client app', exactly?
can you bring up the interface in a web browser now that it has an ip that works on your net?
try http://192.168.1.66/

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The hikvision app is what im using. It still shows that it isn't connected on this application but online it does work. Cam dome.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Also when using ip cam viewer the new Hikvision cam keeps loosing connecting and reconnecting.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't used the hik app, but are you sure you've got the correct password entered in the app's 'config' for the new cam?

just fishin, at this point, but if your phone is coming in from the internet (not on local wi-fi) then you must have poked a hole in your router/firewall
to reach your cam. Perhaps you need to repeat that process for the new cam in order to reach it from outside the local network?

another possibility is that the previous owner had changed the access ports around on the cam such that the app can't
connect to it on what used to be the default port. If you can post a shot of the cam's network config screen from the
web browser interface, someone might be able to check/confirm this...

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Netwrok.JPGI'm getting error code 55 when trying to open the cam within the app. Yesterday I was able to get the cam to stream on my phone through the ivm4200 app. As of today I get the error message. No settings were changed. How can this be?