Can't log into cameras on browser

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, bought a new NVR, IP addreses were all reset and issued with new IPs by the NVR.
They are all working fine on the NVR but when I put the IP address of each camera into my computer browser it won't let me log in. Nothing comes up.

What would be blocking my browser from accessing the cameras?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The NVR is blocking the cameras if it is a POE NVR...

The NVR assigns a different IP address range and you need to log into camera GUI through the NVR GUI.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The NVR is blocking the cameras if it is a POE NVR...

The NVR assigns a different IP address range and you need to log into camera GUI through the NVR GUI.
Sorry i dont understand. Whats the nvr GUI? The NVR ip address or ivms4200?

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry i dont understand. Whats the nvr GUI? The NVR ip address or ivms4200?
GUI = Graphical User Interface.
You should be able to enter the IP address of your NVR into internet Explorer to access it from your computer.
From there, if you go to the camera registration page, click on the blue Internet Explorer icon to the right side of it's registration status.
Install the plugins from there and you will be able to managed the camera settings directly on the camera Graphical User Interface.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OP, is the computer you're using to try and log in to the cameras on the same network as your cameras?

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Use the Command Prompt, and type "ipconfig", and your IPv4 address ought to come up in the results. That ip address you have should bear a striking resemblance to your cameras IP if they're on the same network ..

for ex:

User IP: 192.168.1.233
Camera IP: 192.168.1.125

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use the Command Prompt, and type "ipconfig", and your IPv4 address ought to come up in the results. That ip address you have should bear a striking resemblance to your cameras IP if they're on the same network ..

for ex:

User IP: 192.168.1.233
Camera IP: 192.168.1.125

Nvr is 192.168.0.XX
Ipv4 is 192.168.188.XX

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nvr is 192.168.0.XX
Ipv4 is 192.168.188.XX
Assuming your network is set up as a standard /24 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0), the 192.168.0.x network cannot talk to the 192.168.188.x network.
You will need to update either device so that the third octet in the IP addresses match (192.168.0.x OR 192.168.188.x).
Another option would be to change your network to a /16 (subnet mask 255.255.0.0)...that would allow anything on the 192.168.x.x networks to talk to each other...this would possibly affect your other network devices and require config updates/reboots depending on if/how DHCP is deployed.

EDIT: On another assumption, if you are trying to connect to the IP addresses of the cameras directly (instead of through your NVR) with your laptop, you would need to update your computer to the network your cameras are on and connect your laptop to the LAN/camera ports of the NVR and reach them that way. usually your WAN/Network port of your NVR will be on a different network than your camera's, and will not forward your network connection directly from the WAN/Network port.

As an example:
My NVR has 16 ports/channels for my camera's.
On those 16 ports, the NVR will hand off an IP address on the 10.1.1.X network.
If I want to connect directly to the camera on port 1 (say it has an IP address of 10.1.1.20), I would have to give my laptop an IP of 10.1.1.X and plug it into an open camera port (lets say 16).
So with my laptop connected to port 16 on the NVR, I could connect to the camera on port 1 by opening Internet Explorer and putting this address in
Alternately...
The network port on my NVR is 192.168.1.108, and my home network is 192.168.1.x.
I can have my laptop on my home network with an IP address of 192.168.1.166.
So to connect to my NVR I open Internet Explorer and enter the address This will let me log into my NVR...from here if I go to the camera registration page, you should see an Internet Explorer icon in a column to the right that you can click to log into the cameras.

When interfacing with the NVR or cameras through Internet Explorer, you will need to install the plugins when prompted, otherwise it won't let you see the video stream.

Last edited:

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check me on this ..

* What if you create a virtual IP, an alias on the same subnet as your cameras, LAN interface, single address, avoiding conflicts

* Then write a manual NAT Outbound rule which states that if someone from your laptops subnet tries to reach out to the cameras subnet to switch them to the alias IP you just created

I'm certain someone can nuance what I'm trying to suggest better than I am explaining it. I applied this logic for something different recently and it works like a charm.