Cant get Zoom to work in BI on older PTZ

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I dusted off my older model DH-SD29204S-GN PTZ I bought from Andy several years ago now. The PT and Z and everything works fine directly through the web interface however I cannot get the Zoom to work in in BI. No idea what config to select. I started with just doing the Find\Inspect for initial setup but no functions worked other than video feed. I have been playing around with different Dahua model choices, (very few for Dahua?) and basically selecting one with a "Z" in it + same in the PTZ tab, selecting a Dahua option w "Z" in it allows the PT to work. But no love on the Zoom.
Any thoughts on the correct selection combo to have pan, tilt and the zoom working would be appreciated.

1617334750782.png1617334790824.png

Reaction score
I dusted off my older model DH-SD29204S-GN PTZ I bought from Andy several years ago now. The PT and Z and everything works fine directly through the web interface however I cannot get the Zoom to work in in BI. No idea what config to select. I started with just doing the Find\Inspect for initial setup but no functions worked other than video feed. I have been playing around with different Dahua model choices, (very few for Dahua?) and basically selecting one with a "Z" in it + same in the PTZ tab, selecting a Dahua option w "Z" in it allows the PT to work. But no love on the Zoom.
Any thoughts on the correct selection combo to have pan, tilt and the zoom working would be appreciated.

View attachment 85959View attachment 85960
I have a similar issue with my Hikvision speed dome, minidome and my cameras with PZT focus both Hikvision and Dahua my work around on the speed dome, and mini dome cameras was to enable UPnP than rediscover the camera than discover camera in BI, reboot the camera, than go back in and disable UPnP in the camera and in the router.

it works foron some of my Cameras but not on all of them

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No luck with that for me...:rolleyes:
Why are there only like 6 Dahua selections when they make many more versions? If they are meant for broader categories, is there a cross reference chart for which Dahua camera falls into each category?
None seem relevant for my other than trying the ones with the "Z" but still have not found a working combo to make the zoom work in BI.
1617745818729.png

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i had a similar problem with another ptz.. non-dahua.. ptz stopped working one day, can view video but cannot ptz.

For me , i did these steps, u can try too.

try with onvif device manager to see if PTZ works properly. - for me it works.
Master / factory reset the PTZ
Delete/add / find+inspect camera in BI

PTZ starts working again :)

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, I am not sure what you mean by "onvif device manager", but the PT & Z work fine when logging into the camera directly from IE so I don't think a camera reset would make a difference there. But in BI only the PT works so I am assuming it is some magic combinations of settings to get the Z working in BI (or in the phone app), since it is not an issue of the camera itself. Oh, and PT & Z used to work for this camera in BI 4....but I don't recall what settings I would have selected differently. When I went to BI 5 it was on a new computer so started over as new setup.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am assuming you tried the find/inspect and let BI choose what was the best one and that didn't work? My Dahua PTZ came up as generic and all the P, T, and Z works in BI.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, that is what I did initially. It auto selected generic and none of the functions worked with that setting which is when I started trying a few others.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks, I am not sure what you mean by "onvif device manager"
It's another program. Just do a google search "ONVIF Device Manager" download from a reputable site eg sourceforge.
If it's work with ONVIF device manager, then ONVIF(OXML) from the drop down box should work.

TheSwede

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you don't succeed with that, try HTTPSpy .
Run that program on the same computer you are controlling the camera via webinterface, that is working.
Then you can monitor the commands sent to the camera and modify the commands in BlueIris.
The drawback is that you need to manually put in all commands on that camera, P,T and Z, IR on off etc.