Can't connect to cameras directly on the NVR with the stated ways but can ping NVR

xero

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
Im hitting a brick wall here,
I have a dahua NVR4108-8p andI have 2 Dahua cameras connected to it and can access/view it from the NVR/remote software.
I however want to access the cameras directly to be able to change the additional features that come with the camera that can only be changed by accessing the camera directly.
I have tried the ways mentioned on this forum and this is where my problem starts.

By trying the method of plugging the network cable directly to the POE switch or from the NVR ethernet port to the POE switch and assigning a static ip,I can ping the NVR switch(10.1.1.1)but not the cameras.

Im Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if the NVR is blocking me.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Bizentech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Can't connect to cameras directly on the NVR with the stated ways but can ping NV

I had the same problem with a different system. The IP Address of your cameras might have a completely different range. Also, make sure everything has the same gateway and subnet. Example: Gateway was 10.0.10.1, NVR was 192.168.1.12, and Cameras were 172.69.1.102. Cameras could not communicate with the NVR, and NVR could not communicate with the Network, all because every piece was on completely different ranges. Try to keep your Cameras IP's similar to your NVR and your NVRs IP's Similar to your Gateway. You may also want to check your HTTP ports. Have you modified any of the cams IP's? NVR's IP? If so, How? With Software? Through NVR? HTTP Login? Can you access login screen on every piece of your system if you type in the IP in a web browser?
Good Luck

xero

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Can't connect to cameras directly on the NVR with the stated ways but can ping NV

I had the same problem with a different system. The IP Address of your cameras might have a completely different range. Also, make sure everything has the same gateway and subnet. Example: Gateway was 10.0.10.1, NVR was 192.168.1.12, and Cameras were 172.69.1.102. Cameras could not communicate with the NVR, and NVR could not communicate with the Network, all because every piece was on completely different ranges. Try to keep your Cameras IP's similar to your NVR and your NVRs IP's Similar to your Gateway. You may also want to check your HTTP ports. Have you modified any of the cams IP's? NVR's IP? If so, How? With Software? Through NVR? HTTP Login? Can you access login screen on every piece of your system if you type in the IP in a web browser?
Good Luck

Okay so I can access my cameras from the nvr(192.168.1.120) and remotely access the nvr(192.168.1.120) from my pc(192.168.1.100)
Now to access the cameras directly is where the problem comes in.
The Dahua NVR has an internal switch ip address and it cant be the same as the NVR IP address which get its ip from my router the DVR internal switch address is 10.1.1.1
So i connect my LAN cable directly from my pc to one of the POE ports on the NVR give it a static ip address (10.1.1.5) I can ping the internal switch but when I try and ping the cameras(10.1.1.65/66)Destination host unreachable.
To add when I connect the cameras to the NVR the switch automatically gives it an ip address which you cannot change.