Can't change IP of new cam added by copying existing cam

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Trying to add a new 5442T by copying another that I usually use as a template. Now when doing it that way, the new cam comes up with an asterisk next to the name as it does when you create a clone cam and it won't let me change the IP of the new cam. I suppose another quirk of the new IP detection scheme. I can set it up from scratch easy enough but would be better not to have to.

ETA: Hmmm... Now it's decided to change and assign a new IP of its choosing with :8554/unicast appended to the end.

Not really liking this new IP detection thingy.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
He's done something odd with the versioning too.

I had installed 5.6.2.3 which at the time I did was showing as the latest stable version. Now the latest stable version is shown as 5.6.1.3. Latest is 5.6.2.7.

Stepped back/up to .1.3 and it seems to keep the assigned IP but still puts an asterisk after the name tying it back to the original cam.

Guess I'll just do it from scratch.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Added as a new cam and it still has the asterisk.

What does the asterisk mean now? What am I doing wrong and/or how do I get rid of the damn thing?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought the * meant it was clone or clone master? Not too sure which but check the general properties of the cam to check if the clone master checkbox is set or unset?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, that's how it's worked in the past. Clone master is not checked. Nothing tying it to the original cam that I can see.

Before when I'd do this it would just set up as a new cam with most all of the settings of the original. Change the IP. Done.

ETA: It also doesn't show a bitrate in the status display. Same as a cloned cam would do.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought that if the cam had a static IP then the IP to MAC address matching didn’t come into play.

What happens after you change the IP and then do a find/inspect on the cam?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, set another cam up the same way using another cam as the template and it did not do the same thing. Worked the same way as it always has. That one was done after I went back to the earlier version of BI though.

Have to play with it some more to see what's up with the first one.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought that if the cam had a static IP then the IP to MAC address matching didn’t come into play.

What happens after you change the IP and then do a find/inspect on the cam?
It would do the same thing - gave me the unicast address.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Can't replicate with the .1.3 version that I changed to. Must have been a quirk in the .2.3 version.