Cannot log into my IP camera

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay guys, I'm hoping somebody can help me with a problem that has been bugging the hell out of me for the last few days. I have got a HiLook MVR and several HiLook IP cameras that plug directly into the NVR and are powered over ethernet. Last week a couple of the cameras kept going off. I made a stupid mistake and did a restore in iVMS 4200. Now I can't get any of the cameras to work. Something strange is happening. As soon as I plug the camera into the box. The IP address of the camera is changing to a weird IP address. I've included a screenshot to show you what I'm talking about.

However, if I take one of the cameras out of the NVR and plug it directly into a POE injector and open up SADP tool the IP address will continue to show 192.168.254.xx. Also, the gateway field is completely empty. However, if I checked the DHCP box and attempt to log in. It seems that the IP address suddenly changes to the correct camera IP. In other words, it's now showing 192.168.1.111.

I'm able to log into my NVR through my browser over my network. And I can also open up the login screen for one of the cameras. However, the password for the camera doesn't work. Before I plugged one of the IP cameras into the injector. It was plugged into the NVR. I could see were then the NVR administrator that password was admin and the password had five digits. So I'm assuming this is the default password, 12345?

Can anyone give me some advice on how I can attempt to change the password on the camera. I've tried downloading the XML file, but it's being denied.

Attachments