Cannot get IP camera to work

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Very nice Mate now please make the OSD information smaller! :lmao: The time stamp is just huge and you can move the Camera 01 more to the top right. Also play with transparent vs none transparent. :thumb:

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very nice Mate now please make the OSD information smaller! :lmao: The time stamp is just huge and you can move the Camera 01 more to the top right. Also play with transparent vs none transparent. :thumb:
I don't know is possible to move things around on the screen. To be honest I'm not really bothered. I'm just glad I got it working.

After sending an XML file for one camera I received an email back with the following information. I'm not sure what's going on because the camera is hikvision

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email to Hikvision UK & Ireland. As an End User of Hikvision products we would recommend you contact you point of purchase/installer for all technical support. If you do not have an installer we would recommend you to contact one in your local area.
We only support end users with Hi Look or Hi Watch products, if you got Hikvision products please contact your installer/supplier for any help.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are there any cameras that would film side to side in front and behind? I was thinking of something like a dome camera. After all this hassle. I'm seriously thinking about investing in a high end camera that will do the job properly.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Are there any cameras that would film side to side in front and behind? I was thinking of something like a dome camera. After all this hassle. I'm seriously thinking about investing in a high end camera that will do the job properly.
That would be a PTZ camera (Pan Tilt Zoom)

There are other cameras that incorporate two to eight lens also for multi view vs panoramic view. Some cost around $250.XX while the 4-8 lens are $800 ~ $2500.00

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That would be a PTZ camera (Pan Tilt Zoom)

There are other cameras that incorporate two to eight lens also for multi view vs panoramic view. Some cost around $250.XX while the 4-8 lens are $800 ~ $2500.00
Thanks, I will look into it and see if I can find anything that will suit my needs.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As you will know by now, I have been resetting my cameras, which has been very successful. However, I'm struggling with a couple of cameras. If you look at the attached image. You will see that I have a camera checked off already. This is a dome camera by my front door. Normally I would check the little box and then enter in the gateway manually. Then check the "enable DHCP" and attempt to enter and a password, which you would normally throw up a device rejected message. If I did that a couple of times. The IP address would change from 192.168.254.x to a proper IP address with the same format as the other cameras. However, I'm finding that with this camera when I put the password in its telling me it's the wrong password. I cannot get the IP address to change. I'm not able to request a new password unless I can get the IP address to change.

Attachments

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thinking about it logically. I don't think a PTZ camera is really what I need. I don't want to be here moving the camera around manually.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
As you will know by now, I have been resetting my cameras, which has been very successful. However, I'm struggling with a couple of cameras. If you look at the attached image. You will see that I have a camera checked off already. This is a dome camera by my front door. Normally I would check the little box and then enter in the gateway manually. Then check the "enable DHCP" and attempt to enter and a password, which you would normally throw up a device rejected message. If I did that a couple of times. The IP address would change from 192.168.254.x to a proper IP address with the same format as the other cameras. However, I'm finding that with this camera when I put the password in its telling me it's the wrong password. I cannot get the IP address to change. I'm not able to request a new password unless I can get the IP address to change.
As noted early on its imperative that you leave the camera in DHCP mode if you're not well skilled in networking. In short, when you first activate the camera via SADP Tool after being prompted to enter a new Admin password. Your next step is to select DHCP and Do Not enter any values into the box's below. The system will reboot and obtain the DHCP (IP Address) from what ever its connected to.

Whether it be your router, switch, NVR . . .

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Thinking about it logically. I don't think a PTZ camera is really what I need. I don't want to be here moving the camera around manually.
More advanced PTZ camera's auto track and also incorporate scheduling to move the camera to defined regions / zones. You of course have the ability to manually move the camera when ever you wish! :thumb:

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
More advanced PTZ camera's auto track and also incorporate scheduling to move the camera to defined regions / zones. You of course have the ability to manually move the camera when ever you wish! :thumb:
Blimey, they sound expensive. I really don't need something like that on my little house.
I am in SADP And the dome camera is visible with a 192.168.254.x IP address. I followed your instructions and left the gateway fields empty. I am fed a pass word and made sure DHCP was checked. However, I cannot get the IP to change.The only thing I haven't done is switch the POE off and then back on again. When my carer gets here shortly I will ask her to do it. Maybe then it will behave itself. But I do have my doubts.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Blimey, they sound expensive. I really don't need something like that on my little house.
I am in SADP And the dome camera is visible with a 192.168.254.x IP address. I followed your instructions and left the gateway fields empty. I am fed a pass word and made sure DHCP was checked. However, I cannot get the IP to change.The only thing I haven't done is switch the POE off and then back on again. When my carer gets here shortly I will ask her to do it. Maybe then it will behave itself. But I do have my doubts.
Can you clarify what you mean get the IP to change ? These are the expected things to be present so go through each one to confirm.

- Camera: If the camera was just activated and you changed it to DHCP it should have rebooted and obtained a new DHCP Lease (IP Address). This assumes you have it connected to the NVR. If you have it connected to something else like your router / switch. You can simply unplug the camera insuring its plugged directly into the NVR. Once connected power it up and the NVR will assign a IP address to the dome camera.

- NVR / Router: If you have the NVR connected to the router and you have not completed some basic house cleaning. You run the risk of IP conflict if there are two DHCP Servers running at the same time. So, to make this easy the NVR should not be connected to anything (For Now) besides, power, monitor, and the POE camera's.

That way the camera is guaranteed to obtain a DHCP Leased address assigned by the NVR and nothing else . . .

Generally speaking most NVR's are set to use a 10.10.10.0 vs 192.168.X.X. If they are not and run on the same 192.168.X.X as your main network this will surely cause a network conflict.

Last edited:

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you clarify what you mean get the IP to change ? These are the expected things to be present so go through each one to confirm.

- Camera: If the camera was just activated and you changed it to DHCP it should have rebooted and obtained a new DHCP Lease (IP Address). This assumes you have it connected to the NVR. If you have it connected to something else like your router / switch. You can simply unplug the camera insuring its plugged directly into the NVR. Once connected power it up and the NVR will assign a IP address to the dome camera.

- NVR / Router: If you have the NVR connected to the router and you have not completed some basic house cleaning. You run the risk of IP conflict if there are two DHCP Servers running at the same time. So, to make this easy the NVR should not be connected to anything (For Now) besides, power, monitor, and the POE camera's.

That way the camera is guaranteed to obtain a DHCP Leased address assigned by the NVR and nothing else . . .

Generally speaking most NVR's are set to use a 10.10.10.0 vs 192.168.X.X. If they are not and run on the same 192.168.X.X as your main network this will surely cause a network conflict.
I get back to you in the morning, good night

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the right setting, the booby cam can do that....

But the great PTZ with autotrack isn't that expensive compared to some others:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Right - I would love that camera to have AI...or even allow IVS to work on both cams at the same time! I have two of them and work great for my particular location, but either function would be nice.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Right - I would love that camera to have AI...or even allow IVS to work on both cams at the same time! I have two of them and work great for my particular location, but either function would be nice.
Reviews indicate this camera runs hot when compared to others. Is this an issue where you are now? Also, have you inserted a Micro SD card and used continuous recording with out failures of the memory card? How does the system separate the video of the two streams on the memory card assuming the video isn't being sent to a NVR / IVR?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have had one for 1.5 years and the other is just past a year. It does run hotter than other cameras, but even in extended 90plus days in sunlight they have been rock solid.

You know my go to response when people start having issues with the Dahua cams is "do you have an SD card in it and if so check if it is full and if yes then reformat" and this camera is certainly my biggest problem child with that because it is recording two cameras at once. When the card gets full, the Web GUI gets really slow and will quit working properly until I reformat the SD card. The camera streams fine to Blue Iris and never drops offline, it is just when going into the camera GUI.

Neither camera is set for continuous recording on the SD Card, just motion. I have WD purple in them and they have been fine. The one camera always has motion, so you could say it is continuous record LOL. The card fills in 3 days, so I have it erase recordings older than 2 days, so that has helped with the reformatting issue. The other camera sees very little motion, so I haven't had an issue with that one.

In the camera GUI, you simply select camera one or camera two to review the recordings from the respective cameras.

If the IVS worked for both cameras it would be a lot nicer. AI would be even better.

I suspect they use the same processor in this as the other cams and that is why it struggles a bit and why they can't do something like IVS on both cams at the same time.

I wouldn't use it as my only coverage of an area, but they make for an easy way to get some overview field of view from one camera. One on opposite corners of the house and I can use it as an overview to get two sides of the house in a compact camera. Then I have other cameras for pinch points and the details.