Cannot get BI android app or UI3 to connect after Synology router upgrade

elmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had a Synology RT2600AC for 5 years with a mesh Mr2200. I have my Blue Iris computer set up with dual NICs, one for internet connection to BI and the other for my Dahua cams. I access them remotely via Open VPN server on my router and client on my Android. All has worked fine.

I upgraded my router to a Synology RT6600ax wifi 6 router. I backed up and copied the configuration from my RT2600AC to my RT6600ax which copied all settings, firewall rules, etc. I can connect the android BI app and UI3 when at home on Lan. I can connect the OpenVPN when away, VPN symbol is showing and OpenVPN client shows connected, I can ping my BI computer just fine from my cell, but the android BI app as well as UI3 will not connect. I've checked and rechecked the RT6600ax router settings which are the same as my RT2600AC were. I've even deleted cache and data for the BI app and re-added the server info, Wan and Lan IPs the same as my BI computer. I made sure to export the OpenVPN opvn config file from the new router VPN server and copy to my phone/import into the OPENVPN app. I am getting push notifications from BI but without the usual motion images.

I simply can't figure out why neither the BI app nor UI3 will connect while using OpenVPN to my home router.