Cannot find ip cam on the internet

TuVNeRa

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Sricam Ap005 Ip camera and I had an account on 9299.org (I do not live in China Mainland nor Taiwan)
I made DDSN like this:
DDNS.JPG

I have also made NAT port forwarding like this:
Port_Forwarding.JPG

But I cannot find my ipcam on the internet.. What' s wrong?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Your port # on the camera isn't the same port # that you're forwarding.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Post a screen shot of the "Basic Network Settings".

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you need to forward more than port 80; screw the dynamic DNS stuff for now until you have port forwarding enabled..

go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ and connect to the IP it tells you on port 81 remotely and see if you get a connection... most home routers wont forward internal requests made to the external interface.. so while it might not work from home it will from a remote location.

I have a feeling you also need to forward a port for the RSTP video stream as well as the web-ui... keep in mind this is a horrible practice from a security standpoint; you should VPN into your network to view cameras instead of exposing them to the internet where they are hacked instantly.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Side note: One should not start the DHCP Pool with the fourth number .1 which is reserved for the router. Make it at least 192.168.1.2. Or maybe start at 192.168.1.10. Residential routers typically start at .100. Not that that matters, whether .10 or .100, but you should leave .1 for the router.

TuVNeRa

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks all
I solved the problem to load producer company's program for Iphone
I can watch and record from Iphone.