Cannot do full screen in Chrome and how to improve quality of overview page

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to run Chrome on my BI server to Chromecast to a TV in my master bedroom. However, the BI web page in Chrome lacks the full screen functionality (In IE you can do full screen). Is there a way to get around that? I want my TV to only display the cameras with none of the alert boxes. I understand in Chrome it does JPEG streaming and in IE it does ActiveX.

Also, how do I improve the picture quality of the camera overview page (the page where all the cameras are shown)? I have tried messing around with the Encoder settings under Web Server tab, as well as individual camera settings. Even when I crank up the quality/bitrate values the overview image still looks crappy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to run Chrome on my BI server to Chromecast to a TV in my master bedroom. However, the BI web page in Chrome lacks the full screen functionality (In IE you can do full screen). Is there a way to get around that? I want my TV to only display the cameras with none of the alert boxes. I understand in Chrome it does JPEG streaming and in IE it does ActiveX.

Also, how do I improve the picture quality of the camera overview page (the page where all the cameras are shown)? I have tried messing around with the Encoder settings under Web Server tab, as well as individual camera settings. Even when I crank up the quality/bitrate values the overview image still looks crappy.
On the main BI interface screen, to the very left of the PTZ controls, select all cameras from the drop down (its likely already selected)..hit the settings icon (gear) then under webcasting, check specify frame size and select a higher resolution.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the main BI interface screen, to the very left of the PTZ controls, select all cameras from the drop down (its likely already selected)..hit the settings icon (gear) then under webcasting, check specify frame size and select a higher resolution.
You are a lifesaver! I had to select my custom grouping called "outdoor" and adjusted the resolution to 1280 x 720. It is now looking so much better!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You could/should increase it all the way to the native resolution of your display (often 1920x1080) by typing in the numbers instead of seleting via the dropdown. Note that larger frames take longer to encode though, which means you can't achieve as high of a frame rate.

Also, if you use my "ui2" page, you can full-screen the video area in Chrome by dragging the left menu bar closed. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/93-I-made-a-better-remote-live-view-page