Cannot connect new IP cam

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an IP camera I bought new on eBay I am not sure of the model. It was listed like this-XGODY 1080P Wireless Outdoor Security IP Camera CCTV WiFi IR Night Vision IP66. On the camera all it says is IP335Q it also has the resoulution-2mp the lens-3.6mm and the power-DC12v. Anyway I am trying to get it to connect to my router which is an Linksys WRT54g that I have upgraded with DDWRT firmware and use it as an repeater. I already have two cameras connected to this router. One Zosi Model- ZG2622MW it is connected via ethernet, and one Tmezon IP cam connected wireless both work great and I had no problem getting them setup on the same router. However I cannot get this camera to connect via ethernet or wireless. It says to download Yoosee app to install which I did but it will not connect no matter what I do. The app does not give any option to get into the camera settings other than to rename the camera. In the app it also says (The device does not support WPA/WPA2 Enterprise Temporarily. If it is connected please switch to other Wifi.) I have it set to WPA Personal. I have also tried switching it to others to no avail. The app also says (The router cannot enable AP isolation anti-mite network, WLAN assistant and other options to limit Wifi access.) None of these are on. The router is 2.4g only. The program I use is Blue Iris v4. Thank you for any help you can offer.

LJR_2019

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All I can say is, if you buy cheap, you get cheap.

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice reply, Thanks! I guess I am in the wrong forum, I thought when I joined this place it was for actually getting help not snide remarks from someone that obviously don't know anything about cameras!!!!

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No security camera can use WIFI. Wifi can be jammed.
Also puting a unknow Chinese camera on your home network exposes your entire network to being hacked. No security camera should be attached to your home network with out using router blocking or a separate physical network or a VLAN.

A number of cameras require you to use a custom app as they do not support standard protocols.

Have you tried using Sourcecforge Device manager ONVIF Device Manager

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan
Doing it right the first time will save you money.
Test do not guess

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, much better than the first one I got. I have not used Onvif Device Manager but I used angry IP scanner and I do know the IP of the camera. I do not know the password I have searched and the only one I found was 123 or 123456 none work. But I never used a password just to connect to my Wifi except for my SSID password. Anyway I think the camera is no good and will probably send it back and get something better. Thank you for the help.

cdf1982

n3wb
Reaction score
If you can return it, it would probably not be a bad idea. If you can't, try the YYP2P app instead; a User once had a Xgody branded camera and used that app for setting it up. If you succeed, most likely the RTSP path will be /h264_stream (but again, you'll probably need the password for that).
If you return it, the TP-Link Tapo C310 is slightly more expensive, but possibly does not come with Chinese hackers in the box being manufactured by a reputable brand, supports RTSP and has a decent app.

Woody70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, if I'm not able to return it I will try that app. Hopefully I can return it and get something better, I guess I have learned a lesson about cheap cameras. I only wanted another one just to watch my backyard which I didn't want to spend a lot of money on just for that. Thank you for your help.

cdf1982

n3wb
Reaction score
That's only a reasonable desire, and hopefully you'll be able to return it.
As with all things, the more you know and spend, the better gear you can get, but in my experience you don't need to spend a lot to get decent functionality... but you need to at least have an actual company to refer to for manuals and support, especially when you're getting started. My advice is always to check if the specifications mention the RTSP protocol, because if they didn't even think of supporting it and writing that the camera does... RUN!

LJR_2019

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was merely suggesting you get what you pay for. Looks like a $28 camera to me, so you get $28 worth of camera.

Nice reply, Thanks! I guess I am in the wrong forum, I thought when I joined this place it was for actually getting help not snide remarks from someone that obviously don't know anything about cameras!!!!