Can you identify car? Uber Eats delivers food and takes amazon package

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Update... I posted this to my neighborhood Facebook group and received a message from someone who identified both the vehicle driver and the package thief. I filed a police report for the theft. The package was valued at just over $100. In the state of Florida, it's considered petty theft. Its unlikely anything will happen to these two but if I have the opportunity to push the issue I intend to. Will update when I get more information.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is awesome! Hopefully something happens to them.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Update... I posted this to my neighborhood Facebook group and received a message from someone who identified both the vehicle driver and the package thief. I filed a police report for the theft. The package was valued at just over $100. In the state of Florida, it's considered petty theft. Its unlikely anything will happen to these two but if I have the opportunity to push the issue I intend to. Will update when I get more information.
My son wants to know if you have gotten or will likely get your Amazon stuff back. The cops will at least knock on their door and make at least a little fuss, right? Maybe less than " cuff em and stuff em" but seriously...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My son wants to know if you have gotten or will likely get your Amazon stuff back. The cops will at least knock on their door and make at least a little fuss, right? Maybe less than " cuff em and stuff em" but seriously...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
We have not gotten anything back but I haven't received a return call from the sheriff to supply the names. I don't think they would pay them a visit based on the information I supplied but I wont know until I can pass on the names.

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe the plate number is Florida NXVA24 on a Hyundai Accent GS. Is there anyway to see vehicle info from LPR programs?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe the plate number is Florida NXVA24 on a Hyundai Accent GS. Is there anyway to see vehicle info from LPR programs?
Yes, there is. And you can run it thru this, but it turned up nothing, so either wrong state, plate to new, BMV keyed it wrong, or wrong plate.

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Case update:
The Volusia County Sherriff's Office executed a warrant on behalf of the Orange County Sherriff's Office as the suspected individual(s) were kicked out of their family home in Orange County and forced to move. The male subject was arrested on 9/1 and spent roughly 6 hours locked up before making bail. The two charges against him are Burglary of an occupied Residence [FSS 810.02(3)-19] and Grand Theft >=$100 from a dwelling/curtilage [FSS 812.014(2)(D)-11]. Both are considered to be felonies in the State of Florida. There is no sign of a court date yet but I plan to attend if allowed. I still think the female driver should be charged with something as she willingly participated in the theft. If anything comes from that, I will update.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here's the video from the front door camera. Cam is IPC-HDBW4231F-AS. Not sure why the video didn't upload with sound but I'm not very good with the video stuff.

Why did the female take several photos as he returned?

I'm thinking in 6 months, when shit is going south with them, she'll pull those images out. 'Hey honey, can you remember the number for Amazon loss prevention?' haha

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yup, those damned rogue testicle dippers!

And why wouldn't it be scrotum .. and not testicles.

Saying testicles is about as accurate anatomically as accusing someone who sticks their gut in your face of trying to suffocate you with their gall bladder.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, those damned rogue testicle dippers!

And why wouldn't it be scrotum .. and not testicles.

Saying testicles is about as accurate anatomically as accusing someone who sticks their gut in your face of trying to suffocate you with their gall bladder.
In my neck of the woods we'd discard the anatomical propriety and just say "...man, he had balls to do that." :highfive:

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why did the female take several photos as he returned?

I'm thinking in 6 months, when shit is going south with them, she'll pull those images out. 'Hey honey, can you remember the number for Amazon loss prevention?' haha
She had to take one of the delivery to prove the food arrived and I think she was just waiting for him to pass out of view. She may have taken more. Of the 6-8 families they stole packages from that weekend, My case is the only one that has progressed.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's nice of a thief to create a geo-tag with time stamp of their presence at a crime scene perfectly matching the surveillance. haha

It's a shame to hear of all the other families though. All the same I wish you luck on your own case.

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Case update:
The suspect has been offered and accepted a plea deal and will be sentenced in May. This is a first offense for the suspect and he will receive 90 days jail, 30 months probation, 100 hours of community service, a written apology letter (done), impulse control classes (to teach him not to steal I guess), no return to scene and no contact with victim. I was in the courtroom every time the case was brought up and the judge recognized my appearances and patience while the courts processed the case. I will say that IMO, the only reason this went this far is because I maintained documented communication with the sheriffs office during the investigation, and the State Attorney's office once charges were brought forward. Others in my neighborhood who also had items stolen have not followed up and no other charges/cases exist.

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Case update:
The Volusia County Sherriff's Office executed a warrant on behalf of the Orange County Sherriff's Office as the suspected individual(s) were kicked out of their family home in Orange County and forced to move. The male subject was arrested on 9/1 and spent roughly 6 hours locked up before making bail. The two charges against him are Burglary of an occupied Residence [FSS 810.02(3)-19] and Grand Theft >=$100 from a dwelling/curtilage [FSS 812.014(2)(D)-11]. Both are considered to be felonies in the State of Florida. There is no sign of a court date yet but I plan to attend if allowed. I still think the female driver should be charged with something as she willingly participated in the theft. If anything comes from that, I will update.
Big oof, I hope that the amazon package was worth the felonies to this person.