Can the PoE power be turned off for individual channels on a Hikvision NVR?

DGMAX99

n3wb
Reaction score
I also posted this question on the Hikvision forum, but there may be more traffic on this site, so I'm posting it here also.

As titled, wondering if there is a way to cycle the PoE power on/off on individual channels?

This is on a Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4/24p NVR. I am running a test on a certain Hikvision dome camera (M/N DS-2CD4526FWD-IZH) and would like to turn the PoE power off so I can power it from 24VAC/12VDC terminals.

I have tried setting the Adding Method to "Manual", but the PoE Setting still goes to "Connected" as soon as the camera ethernet cable is plugged in, and shows it drawing power, even with an alternate supply corrected to the camera prior to connecting the NVR.

Any help would be appreciated!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No need to post it twice in different subforums - it all shows up under what is new so it will be seen.

Does it continue to show power being drawn a few minutes after? The NVR should recognize if the camera is receiving power from another method and not send. Or maybe the NVR is expecting that if someone is powering it from something else, that the person would not connect the camera to the POE port, but to the WAN/LAN port via a switch.

Are you sure the camera is getting power from both? Maybe the camera turns off the 12V power if it gets POE?

DGMAX99

n3wb
Reaction score
No need to post it twice in different subforums - it all shows up under what is new so it will be seen.
It is actually a different question. See my reply to your post in the "...supply voltage question..." thread you responded to for more details.

Does it continue to show power being drawn a few minutes after? The NVR should recognize if the camera is receiving power from another method and not send.
Yes, it continues to show the camera as "connected" with the actual power being drawn by it. It appears the PoE power may take some level of precedence over power being supplied by an separate/alternate source, but as indicated by the NVR, appears it is actually pulling more from the alternate supply.

Or maybe the NVR is expecting that if someone is powering it from something else, that the person would not connect the camera to the POE port, but to the WAN/LAN port via a switch.
It's possible. But the manual seems to indicate it can be set, possibly through the "Manual" adding method, but I have not been able to change it so far. The NVR is new and I am still playing with it.

Are you sure the camera is getting power from both? Maybe the camera turns off the 12V power if it gets POE?
With the ethernet and alternate power supplied, the NVR indicates it is using about 1.0W from the PoE port, when I disconnect the alternate power connector, the NVR indicates it is using about 11W (the amounts fluctuate slightly depending on the camera needs).