Can I use Dahua IVS rules if I have an SD card?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have Dahua cameras but use BI, not a Dahua NVR. So when I set IVS rules in the camera they would not trigger any recording for BI but I was wondering, if I installed SD cards in them, would IVS rules set in the camera trigger alerts and write to the SD card?
Just asking vs. testing bc it would be a pain to get them down from the installed roof soffit locations to install SD cards so thought I'd check first.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can have the IVS rules trigger in BI and yes they will record to the SD card if you install one.

If you want to try the IVS from the camera to trigger in BI, then follow this:

Set up the IVS rules within the camera.

Then in BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI:

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers" or External Triggers depending on your version.

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" or External input box depending on your version.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oooh, Thanks!
Guess I have not read the BI updates in a while. Always thought that was not possible long ago, (early ver 4) and never dug around further in V5.

So, why, "uncheck the Motion zones" in your 2nd to last step? Why not have BI also do its thing as well on the zones I set up? Or can it not do both at once and \or cause dup motion alert triggers?

I see there is also a ONVIF check box that was not checked. Do I assume correctly I should also have that checked?

1701821153253.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can certainly have BI motion do its thing as well and use BI motion and camera IVS.

But most of us have found the Dahua AI is so good we simply let the camera do the triggering and turn off BI motion detection to save the CPU from working harder on motion. But each field of view and user purpose is different. Some of my cameras I have do both, some is just BI and others are just camera IVS.

Yeah you would want to check the ONVIF box as well.