Can I turn off motion/intrusion alarms when occupied??

slodat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-7616NI-I2 - I’ve got the motion and intrusion alarms working on my indoor cameras that are watching my doors. I don’t have a set schedule that I can predict when I will not be here. I’d like to alarms to not work when I’m here. I can signify occupancy with a dry contact if that would work. I don’t see an option to disable alarms based on an alarm input. I only see the schedule tab.. am I missing something? Or do I have to live with an email every time I walk through one of the zones while I’m her?

Thanks in advance for any info!!

Last edited:

slodat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've scoured IP Cam Talk as well as the web and I'm not seeing anything on this. I feel like there must be a way to disable the motion/line cross/intrusion detection when I'm inside the building so I don't have tons of false triggers caused by me.. How do you guys handle this?

slodat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’m recording 24/7. I want the events to send email. So I get an email every time I walk by a camera.

slodat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'd rather my death be an unsolved mystery than have my indoor recordings seen by others :)
That’s funny!!

Any thoughts on how to disable the alarm/events on indoor cameras when occupied? They create markers in the playback that id like to have available for unoccupied events/alarms.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s funny!!

Any thoughts on how to disable the alarm/events on indoor cameras when occupied? They create markers in the playback that id like to have available for unoccupied events/alarms.
No idea...I dont use standalone nvr's...this is easy to do with Blue Iris..

slodat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was afraid of that.. Crap.. Does this mean I need to build a windows based NVR to get this functionality?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was afraid of that.. Crap.. Does this mean I need to build a windows based NVR to get this functionality?
you may be able to do it, I just dont know how...there are others who are way more familiar with hikvision nvr's that will chime in..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure about HIK but on my Dahua DVR's there is a schedule setting for each camera MD/IVs etc.. I have my inside cameras set to not detect and thus set an alarm or send an email during the hours I'm normally at home. I record 24/7 regardless..just dont want to get the alert emails during that time.

if I'm home at a time when I'm not normally, and going to be home for a while, It takes me about 20 seconds to login to the DVR interface and temporarily turn alarm/email alerts off.

I would think HIK NVR/DVRs have similar basic features?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure about HIK but on my Dahua DVR's there is a schedule setting for each camera MD/IVs etc.. I have my inside cameras set to not detect and thus set an alarm or send an email during the hours I'm normally at home. I record 24/7 regardless..just dont want to get the alert emails during that time.

if I'm home at a time when I'm not normally, and going to be home for a while, It takes me about 20 seconds to login to the DVR interface and temporarily turn alarm/email alerts off.

I would think HIK NVR/DVRs have similar basic features?
yes, but many folks dont have a set schedule and manually setting it is a real pain..and then you gotta remember to reactivate...
this is where Blue iris shines as you can enable/disable, alerts/recording, with the touch of a button...or even geofencing (though geofencing can be finicky)

slodat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It has the schedule functionality. I don’t see a quick way to turn all alarms/emails on/off.. hmm. That would make me quite happy!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
yes, but many folks dont have a set schedule and manually setting it is a real pain..and then you gotta remember to reactivate...
this is where Blue iris shines as you can enable/disable, alerts/recording, with the touch of a button...or even geofencing (though geofencing can be finicky)
Cool, that would be easier obviously.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool, that would be easier obviously.
to be clear, you can do it on the mobile app or the server....and if you use a specific profile to do this (rather than the traffic signal) you can set a temp time, so it reverts back after a predetermined amount of time..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It has the schedule functionality. I don’t see a quick way to turn all alarms/emails on/off.. hmm. That would make me quite happy!
Fastest way for me is to simply login and turn off the device email function. One click, one tickbox and Save.

To Fenderman's point, I do have to remember to turn it back on though

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
to be clear, you can do it on the mobile app or the server....and if you use a specific profile to do this (rather than the traffic signal) you can set a temp time, so it reverts back after a predetermined amount of time..
Being able to do it from the mobile App would be awesome.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Being able to do it from the mobile App would be awesome.
I have no idea why they dont offer that function...seems basic enough..but you learn early on not to question Chinese logic..

slodat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Disabling outgoing email doesn’t change that my events clog up with me walking around the shop :/

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
True

@fenderman got me to poking around, and in the idmss Plus paid version of the mobile app there is a lot more functionality including turning off alarms for individual cameras. They just have it buried so I hadnt noticed it before. I primarily just use the mobile app for live viewing and playback of events.

Based on the description, iVMS-4500 should do that for HIK systems...?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
True

@fenderman got me to poking around, and in the idmss Plus paid version of the mobile app there is a lot more functionality including turning off alarms for individual cameras. They just have it buried so I hadnt noticed it before. I primarily just use the mobile app for live viewing and playback of events.

Based on the description, iVMS-4500 should do that for HIK systems...?
but then again, you need to go in and micro manage each camera.....

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
yep. No "master" button I can find and no way to have it turn back on automagically if I forget..