Can I still download and install 3.66 on a new computer?

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just purchased Blue Iris 2-3 months ago and am running 3.66. Have not upgraded to 4 because a)I'm waiting for any bugs to get worked out and b)I'm still irked that I have to pay to upgrade to 4 when I just bought version 3 a month before 4 came out.
Anyway on to my question...
I just got a new pc and would like to run my Blue Iris onto it. Is it still possible to download 3.66 somewhere and use my current license?
I'm assuming the download link on the Blue Iris site is going to push the latest version of 4.0.
Thanks,
Chris

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
http://blueirissoftware.com/updates/
go to the bottom of the page..you can download 3.66

As far as the upgrade...if you purchased after 12/1 you are entitled to a free upgrade and i believe ken was also providing upgrades for november purchases. you need to email support..
Regardless, blue iris is no different than any other software, i have never seen microsoft offer word 2013 free if you purchased 2010 just before the 2013 release..same goes for adobe, intuit etc...
The difference is only 20 dollars because BI3 was 10 dollars cheaper...if you purchase BI3 and the upgrade its 80 total, and if you purchase BI4 its 60...
That said i havent upgraded either as im waiting at least another month for everything to smooth out.

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I've been away for work the last couple of days but will download as soon as I get home and likely upgrade as soon as the coast is clear on 4.0 even if at a cost.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I've been away for work the last couple of days but will download as soon as I get home and likely upgrade as soon as the coast is clear on 4.0 even if at a cost.
Check your purchase date, there is no reason you should pay if you are entitled to a free upgrade..I too am waiting to upgrade my systems..will give it another month ...also waiting for @Mike to push the latest release for Blue Iris Tools to work smoothly with BI4 :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just a follow up that I was able to download 3.66 from the link you provided without issue. Thanks again.