Can I save a view layout for a day and a night shift with Hikvision iVMS-4200 software?

Reaction score
Where I work, we run iVMS-4200 camera software on a Windows 10 PC. On the monitor, we have a large camera view (3x3 size out of the 4x4 area) with 7 smaller views (1x1 size) to the side and below it. For the Overnight shift, I'd like to save a profile (or whatever it is called) with a different layout, 3 - 2x2 views and 4 - 1x1 views in the other corner, since some camera views aren't needed on the overnight while others are more important to watch.

I can manually change them to look that way but it takes a bit of time to do it so it looks . Is there a way to save multiple camera layout profiles that can be easily switched back and forth for what the day and night shifts need to watch? I know computers but haven't had the need to get into security system / camera software until now. Thanks in advance!
camera preset-wide.png

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It’s definitely doable, I had a client setup with 4200 so he could bounce back and forth between home and business. But it’s been a minute since I’ve messed with hik.

Reaction score
Do you know if it was setup all done through the client PC? We're an outside contractor and can change our camera views as we need on our PC, but we get the feeds from the building's main security system, which is in the management office, and we won't be able to access that.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure I understand “we get the feeds from the building's main security system, and we won't be able to access that.”

Reaction score
What I mean is that as an outside contractor company (valet parking for a condominium complex), the condo itself installed the cameras and the condo's management office has the main security system. Our PC in our valet office is tied into that system via ethernet, that's how we get the camera feeds seen on our PC through the iVMS software. The PC is connected to WiFi for actual internet. We can do what we want with our PC (no gaming or casual browsing), but if we need to go into the management office, and use their actual security system, to set up different camera layouts (limited hours of operation) it would be a pain in the neck.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unless you have admin access, or user with certain credintials, you’re not going to be able to.

Reaction score
I had hoped that on our PC you could just 'save' a view layout and make a second (or more) view, and just change between them in the menus. To me as a general user of the system (watching camera feeds on a monitor), it doesn't seem to make much sense that we are able to change the layout of the cameras shown, but not be able to save more than one layout, though there may be security reasons this isn't available that I am not aware of. Thanks for your replies.

EDIT: Since we CAN change the layout on our PC (swap in other camera feeds, there's at least 12 cameras placed around the complex, we only watch 8 right now) and rearrange the screen to look the way we want), does that mean we DO have the proper credentials on our computer? If that's the case, IS there a way to save a layout?

The people in the management office don't really know much more about the system than anyone else on-site, deferring to calling the company that put the system in for tech calls and questions, which the building gets charged for. Me looking for answers online is as close to an on-site tech as we have, and I barely know the systems (heh heh, yay technology!)

Last edited: