Can I get some help with Sricam SP007?

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two of these and I can't get them working.
I've got one connected now. Ethernet connection to the Lan router. (home lan).
The router doesn't see it.
No software sees it: not sricam's, nor blue iris, nor contacam nor ispy.
Any advice on what I can do to troubleshoot this problem?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible that cam's IP is currently on a different subnet than your existing LAN?

Power up cam, connect Ethernet cable to router LAN port, press and hold the cam's reset button (at end of pigtail) for 15 seconds then let go.
If router's DHCP is enabled, the cam should receive an IP.
Launch router's webGUI and look at "DHCP clients" to see if the cam received an IP from your router.

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I did all that. My router interface doesn't show a 'dhcp clients' panel but it has a gui that shows connections both wired and wifi.

On the wired connections I had three before and I identified two of them easily enough as my NVR and my Router ( a second router in bridge mode) but the third displayed no information and I didn't know what it was.

After doing this thing that third one came to life with some information: a Lan IP and a link speed: 192.168.0.219 and 100mbps respectively.

So I figure that's the camera: 192.168.0.219.

So I ping it and get a response. So then I try to reach it with iSpy, Contacam and Sricam PC but none of them can see it.

I then try onvif device manager but it doesn't find it either. I'm very unsure about how to use that thing though.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I ping it and get a response. So then I try to reach it with iSpy, Contacam and Sricam PC but none of them can see it.

I then try onvif device manager but it doesn't find it either. I'm very unsure about how to use that thing though.
What happens when you put that IP
Code:
http://192.168.0.219
into Internet Explorer 11 and hit <ENTER> ?

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It says 'can't reach this page'.
I've been thinking - I've a vague memory of something - that IP couldn't be a second IP also pointing to the nvr could it?

Tried another prog: camylitics - I don't really know how to use it but I couldn't get it to see the camera either.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe the HTTP port isn't the typical 80, so it must be put at the end of the URL like :XX.
I know I had a Foscam once that the default HTTP port was 88 so the URL was camera-IP:88 into the browser to reach the webGUI.

Perhaps you could install the free Fing app on your smartphone, get onto your LAN's Wi-Fi with it, scan your network, find the cam, select it, then scan for its ports; it should reveal any available ports on the cam like HTTP, RTSP, FTP, etc.

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks for that but unfortunately i think we've been there and done that by now. I have no smartphone but I've got a few apps on the pc here, contacam, ispy, blue iris, sricam pc - and more - they all scan for cameras and none find it. And the router itself is accessible to me and it doesn't find it.

maybe this smartphone app is better than all that in which case I hope there's a pc version I can download and use. :)

Teeauu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks for that but unfortunately i think we've been there and done that by now. I have no smartphone but I've got a few apps on the pc here, contacam, ispy, blue iris, sricam pc - and more - they all scan for cameras and none find it. And the router itself is accessible to me and it doesn't find it.

maybe this smartphone app is better than all that in which case I hope there's a pc version I can download and use. :)
So is this camera (192.168.0.219) on the same subnet as the other cameras and the PC you are trying to get it from?

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After looking at the manual, it looks like you are required to use their android or IOS app to setup the camera. After that, you can access it via ONVIF/RTSP (see below). Be aware, P2P may leave your home network open to attacks, you should isolate your cams from accessing the internet after you get them connected to Blue Iris, etc.

If you don't have a smart phone or tablet, you can download an android phone emulator (i.e. PrimeOS, BlueStacks), add the Sricam app then set it up. Note that I've used BlueStacks in the past to set up Wyze cam to play with (then flashed it with firmware to get RTSP). Note that Bluestacks was very slow even on a decent I7 computer.

If possible, I would return them and get something (Dahua, etc) from @EMPIRETECANDY or the store here.

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the tip about the emulator. I'm in touch with sricam but they're slow to respond. the last thing to sent me was a suggestion to use the smartphone app - after I'd already said I don't have one - and I replied I don't have one and that was four days ago - nothing but silence.

That link also said find the IP from your router, though, didn't it? And I'm pretty sure I"ve found it that way. I get an icon for a wired device without any text details when it is not there. When I put it there, power it on, I suddenly get text details and an IP number for that device.

So I was thinking I should be able to access it without this app. I didn't realise the app was 'setting it up'. I'll get the emulator and see how I go.

I do have dahua cameras. I got these two very cheap sricams just to see what they're like - worth having or not. Couple of years ago I think. Now I'm just doing a final check of them for usability before throwing them out if they won't perform.

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
p.s. can't edit I think? forgot to mention yes it is on the same subnet. 192.168.0.219 is the camera if I'm reading what happens on the router correctly and my own IP is 192.160.0.182

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DONE! Thank you for your help. The secret was indeed 'setting up' with their app. Looks like. I got an emulator and downloaded and ran the app. It found the camera (after I gave it the ip) and had me change the password. that was very encouraging - that it was engaged so much that it was changing passwords.

then I ran ispy as instructed in their manual you pointed to and suddenly there it is! I'm looking at it now.

You beauty. Very good. Again: thanks. :)