Can HD mini Ip top-201 camera send email-picture?

ebros

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have HD mini Top-201 Ip camera. I don´t know,if the camera can send motion alarm email message with jpeg-picture. The supplier says, that it can, but I haven´t got the camera to send with his settings. May bee he has different firmware. My firmware is ver.2.7.25 and hardware 2.8. How it is? If It can do it, how and which firmware? Where can I download the latest firmware?

phebous

n3wb
Reaction score
There is a bunch of good information on this camera in this thread. http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1812-Review-TOP-201-Super-Mini-720P-HD-IP-Cam-(The-Cheapest-IP-Cam-So-Far-!!)

To not answer to question, I have not played with any of the local setting of the camera. I have just used it through BI. I would validate that you have a valid SMTP host to accept your email alerts. I believe that it is failing here. With my other experiences, you will not get any useful error messages. From my perspective, it is good value only because of the cheap price. It downfall is the support and completeness of the product.

ebros

n3wb
Reaction score
Many tanks for the answer! I get to my gmail a motion alarm message (start/stop), but no with jpeg-picture. I think, that he camera works like this, almost the supplier says ,that it can do it. I am looking for the firware, which can do it.

There is a bunch of good information on this camera in this thread. http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1812-Review-TOP-201-Super-Mini-720P-HD-IP-Cam-(The-Cheapest-IP-Cam-So-Far-!!)

To not answer to question, I have not played with any of the local setting of the camera. I have just used it through BI. I would validate that you have a valid SMTP host to accept your email alerts. I believe that it is failing here. With my other experiences, you will not get any useful error messages. From my perspective, it is good value only because of the cheap price. It downfall is the support and completeness of the product.