Can BI mimic IVS motion capture functionality?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A BI developer, (Ken) responded to my question of "Will IVS functionality will work through BI" as follows:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Iris can do some of its own line crossing detection, but with the specific technologies you mention, you may want/need to use the camera's own detection.

Blue Iris can support this interface if the camera supports ONVIF Events. Please configure the camera in Blue Iris as ONVIF by using the Find/Inspect button.

Please advise as to the ONVIF Events that the camera is sending in response to your motion detection. For this, please install the ODM (ONVIF device manager) and monitor the Events list and report back what you see there.

Some events may already be supported ... enable the "Camera's digital input or motion" check on the Trigger page,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have one of these cameras (yet), so someone who knows what they are doing with ODM and with the camera AND using BI would need to test it out to be sure which IVS events are or are not supported through BI.

It would be interesting to know though, and another good plug for BI if the IVS events are usable with BI.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A BI developer, (Ken) responded to my question of "Will IVS functionality will work through BI" as follows:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Iris can do some of its own line crossing detection, but with the specific technologies you mention, you may want/need to use the camera's own detection.

Blue Iris can support this interface if the camera supports ONVIF Events. Please configure the camera in Blue Iris as ONVIF by using the Find/Inspect button.

Please advise as to the ONVIF Events that the camera is sending in response to your motion detection. For this, please install the ODM (ONVIF device manager) and monitor the Events list and report back what you see there.

Some events may already be supported ... enable the "Camera's digital input or motion" check on the Trigger page,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have one of these cameras with IVS functionality (yet), so someone who knows what they are doing with ODM and with a camera that has IVS functions (like the new model SD29204T-GN mini black face PTZ for example) AND using BI would need to test it out to see how it works to be sure which IVS events are or are not supported through BI.
It would be interesting to know though, and another good plug for BI if the IVS events are usable with BI.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
...not sure why that double posted? Was just trying to edit it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I missed this post... VLC requests the multicast stream directly from the camera, not the network. The camera should initialize the multicast stream through the network, then stream to the group, your network infrastructure then controls the group. The network handles the group, not the camera. Dauha's implementation of multicast is propitiatory. Multicast cast's whether any host has joined the group or not, the stream never leaves the switch port unless a host requests it then is routed to the host that wants it. Camera should never care, and always cast.