Can anyone recommend some low profile USB powered BI compatible Wi-Fi Cameras?

talisman2208

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I picked up these on amazon thinking they would work and to my dismay they did not.

It's hard to tell which cameras work and which don't. Does anyone have any low profile usb powered cams they use? 1080P with NV preferably.

I like these because you can just stick them to the wall, but I guess they'll just have to go back.

Thanks all for your help!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I picked up these on amazon thinking they would work and to my dismay they did not.

It's hard to tell which cameras work and which don't. Does anyone have any low profile usb powered cams they use? 1080P with NV preferably.

I like these because you can just stick them to the wall, but I guess they'll just have to go back.

Thanks all for your help!
In general cheap cloud dependent cameras seem often less likely to have a good rtsp feed ..

1661306374991.png

Members have reported good results with Amcrest indoor wifi PT(no Z) cameras .. search the threads for members recommending a particular model .. ( used to be a 2MP 1080p version was good .. )

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I have some of the Wyze V3 cams using the RTSP beta but not sure that I'd recommend. At least not highly. But if they have to be USB then they're probably as good or better than those and less money. My kid has some of the Eufy cams that seem OK for what they are. They also have RTSP but I think that the 2K cam they have is limited to 1080 via the RTSP stream.

Bunch of caveats to the Wyze. They work fine with BI but unless they can connect to the Internet they'll drop off every 3-5 minutes or so to retry. If you let them out they work fine, no drops. There's a "mini-hack" that avoids that but haven't tried it. Outdoor use in low light I'm not as impressed. Great static image but they push the gain and compression so much that kind of breaks down with motion and complex scenes. I'm happy enough with them as extra fill-in cams inside. Not bad there at all. Kinda meh overall where I have them outside.