Can anyone recommend an exterior camera with two way audio

Skeptical

n3wb
Reaction score
My parents want a camera to be able to see who if anyone is standing in front of the door. They already have a doorbell they like and frankly the wiring to add a regular doorbell camera is not worth it. The easiest solution is just to add another camera to their existing Blue Iris system. Of which I have a few in mind but seeing as how Blue Iris supports 2 way audio it would be nice to have that feature.

I've look around a little and have not come up with anything useful. Hence this post. If anyone is using anything currently that you thing might work please let me know. I can setup something complicated but to make the UI as easy as possible for my parents using the app, I want to be sure what ever I get integrates with Blue Iris 5 well.

I saw the post about the Dahua DB11 but I could not find much info about it and the image quality and lack of info for the price ($140 on amazon) does not seem like the move more me.
Also since I'm here if anyone has recommendations for an exterior entry way camera to cover a ~6ft-6ft area that's well lit to be mounted in a ceiling corner let me know. I'm looking at the Dahua IPC-HDW4433C-A right now ($56 4mp). I've had good luck Dahua stuff and I like the H.265 support but find they don't have as wide of a field of view as advertised so I'm still looking around atm.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My parents want a camera to be able to see who if anyone is standing in front of the door. They already have a doorbell they like and frankly the wiring to add a regular doorbell camera is not worth it. The easiest solution is just to add another camera to their existing Blue Iris system. Of which I have a few in mind but seeing as how Blue Iris supports 2 way audio it would be nice to have that feature.

I've look around a little and have not come up with anything useful. Hence this post. If anyone is using anything currently that you thing might work please let me know. I can setup something complicated but to make the UI as easy as possible for my parents using the app, I want to be sure what ever I get integrates with Blue Iris 5 well.

I saw the post about the Dahua DB11 but I could not find much info about it and the image quality and lack of info for the price ($140 on amazon) does not seem like the move more me.
Also since I'm here if anyone has recommendations for an exterior entry way camera to cover a ~6ft-6ft area that's well lit to be mounted in a ceiling corner let me know. I'm looking at the Dahua IPC-HDW4433C-A right now ($56 4mp). I've had good luck Dahua stuff and I like the H.265 support but find they don't have as wide of a field of view as advertised so I'm still looking around atm.
Study here Cliff notes
The4433 is a Chinese region cam hacked to English. The can't be updated. Avoid.
Use search with the word "review'

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Take a look at this post Big Discount

I think the IPC-HDW4431E-AS that Andy is offering is functionally equivalent to the HDW4433C. The image is likely the same, but for the $14 extra you get an international version and a known reliable seller.