Can anyone identify this car?

Reaction score
We had a group of female car door checkers cruise down our street last night. Normally I'd check the tag with www.vehiclehistory.com to confirm the make/model/year of the vehicle, but in this case the car had a temporary paper tag. Can anyone tell what car they were in? I suspect they were driving in some type of Nissan, but I have no eye for auto makes / models.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Almost looked like a newer Honda Accord. The wheels look like the newer models and hard to tell but looks like the Honda logo on the wheel. Maybe you can zoom in on that?

Reaction score
Almost looked like a newer Honda Accord. The wheels look like the newer models and hard to tell but looks like the Honda logo on the wheel. Maybe you can zoom in on that?
Here are the best images I can get for the hubcaps while the car was moving. Unfortunately the car stopped behind my own RAV4, else I would have gotten a much clearer image.

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 1.04.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-20 at 1.03.51 PM.png

Reaction score
Here are a two cropped images I got from my LPR West camera. No license plate on the front of cars in my state, but it does show the headlight and taillight looking from the passenger side. I've also included a crop of the PTZ image from the side. It could very well be a Nissan Altima.

Attachments

Reaction score
You mean the fact that a groups of girls are doing what guys have already been doing for years? Some might call that progress towards greater social equity in our criminal class. :)
yeah first time i see girls doing this. The car looks to be an altima or sentra. I would trim that tree up front to get a better shot of the street. I wish car manufactures would include a metal strip behind the door handles that when the car is locked it gets 12 volts from the battery until the door is unlocked with the remote. A good shock will stop the door checkers. Here is a photo of a 2016 Nissan Sentra. Like @fenderman said it could be an Altima they look similar.
1595272576309.png

Reaction score
yeah first time i see girls doing this. The car looks to be an altima or sentra. I would trim that tree up front to get a better shot of the street.
Yeah, I've already trimmed that poplar tree once this year. It grows like a giant weed. But I also need to replace that camera. It's several years old, and there are mini-bullets with larger focal lengths and larger sensors that will give a much better nighttime color image. I've been putting it off, but there's no time like the present to upgrade.

Reaction score
2016 altima tail light

1595273568425.png
2016 Sentra tail light
1595273669031.png

Looks like it is the Altima From the LPR camera showing that rear tail light.

Reaction score
Looks like it is the Altima From the LPR camera showing that rear tail light.
Here's an image of a 2015 Nissan Altima from the back side. Now compare that to the image taken from my LPR camera. Looks like this might be the one.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would agree that looks more Altima than Accord.

Reaction score
And probably stolen. Lots of times car thieves will grab a paper tag and put it on the stolen car they are driving. Sometimes they have a stack of them. It makes IDing the car that much harder.
You are undoubtedly correct. I've seen what were clearly fake printed paper tags on several cars. It's a no-brainer, including for those who haven't bothered to renew their registration.

This is a perfect argument for having a city-wide ALPR system. Even if a fake or stolen tag is placed on a car, it can be flagged and searched for in the system. But lacking that, the criminals have a perfect defense against identification - at least for a few more months.

By the end of this year, Apple will release the newest version of iOS, which will allow third-party manufacturers like Tile to connect into their "Find My" network. Apple is also rumored to be gearing up to release the AirTag, their own Bluetooth locator. By this time next year, you'll be able to hide a low cost Bluetooth device in your car, and track it almost as easily as if your car contained a dedicated GPS tracker. Every iPhone out there will become part of the locator network. It's going to become a lot more difficult for car thieves to hold on to a car for more than a few hours.

Last edited:

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Definitely an Altima and not the Sentra. The headlights on the Altima are projectors. Sentra has the reflectors. The camera pictures certainly have the projectors.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like the Hos Pimp sitting backasswards in back seat. Either that, or one ugly ho.
BTW, I would get the ladder out and trim the bottom branches of your tree.
Hoe Pimp.pngHoe Pimp1.png

Last edited: