Campsite monitoring

Phirenze

n3wb
Reaction score
We've had some instances of people rummaging through our stuff while camping and we are away from the site. I want to set something up to monitor the area and see who this might be next time. I guess the cam needs to be battery operated with on-board storage. No wifi network is going to exist. So it needs to operate independently. I'm assuming things like this exists? Any ideas on what to search for? Thanks everyone....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We've had some instances of people rummaging through our stuff while camping and we are away from the site. I want to set something up to monitor the area and see who this might be next time. I guess the cam needs to be battery operated with on-board storage. No wifi network is going to exist. So it needs to operate independently. I'm assuming things like this exists? Any ideas on what to search for? Thanks everyone....
Trail Cam.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a Plot Watcher Pro mounted inside a birdhouse. Works great for constant monitoring of everything during daylight hours. No IR and no reliance on motion detection. It sees everything all the time. It takes a picture every so many seconds or so many minutes. You can set the duration down to I think 2 seconds maybe every second possibly. You would need a laptop to look at the pictures though. With 8 batteries and a big card it will take pictures for months. Search my name on here for plotwatcher pro and it should bring it up. I can't attach it from my phone.