Camera's Timezone Settings

Kwulabear

n3wb
Reaction score
Have the following camera's all bought from EMPIRETECANDY:

2 IPC-HFW5231E-Z newest firmware 3/19 NTSC
1 IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 newest firmware 3/19 NTSC
1 IPC-HFW8232E-Z newest firmware 10/18 NTSC

In the timezone settings there is no option for eastern tmz. Just gmt +/- xxxx. Problem is that I can not get the time set using a ntp server. The only way to get the correct time is to set gmt-0400 or gmt-0500 depending on what daylight savings is at the time. Have to do it manually. Sync pc works but time goes back to whatever gmt is set to. I have seen pictures on the fourm that show the option of eastern, pacific..etc timezones. I'm thinking if I can set eastern timezone, then the ntp server will work. Am I wrong?

Is there some setting or something I'm missing here?

Appreciate the help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have the following camera's all bought from EMPIRETECANDY:

2 IPC-HFW5231E-Z newest firmware 3/19 NTSC
1 IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 newest firmware 3/19 NTSC
1 IPC-HFW8232E-Z newest firmware 10/18 NTSC

In the timezone settings there is no option for eastern tmz. Just gmt +/- xxxx. Problem is that I can not get the time set using a ntp server. The only way to get the correct time is to set gmt-0400 or gmt-0500 depending on what daylight savings is at the time. Have to do it manually. Sync pc works but time goes back to whatever gmt is set to. I have seen pictures on the fourm that show the option of eastern, pacific..etc timezones. I'm thinking if I can set eastern timezone, then the ntp server will work. Am I wrong?

Is there some setting or something I'm missing here?

Appreciate the help.
All cameras work off ntp. You gmt does not change during dst. That is why there is a separate dst setting in the camera. You need to tell it when to start and end dst.