Cameras not switching to IR

ryebread

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 8 POE cameras on my house for the last 2-3 years and recently 1 or 2 stopped swapping to IR at night. If I unplug the Ethernet cable or reboot the NVR they go right into night vision. Any idea what can cause this? Thank you!

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But from starting text, they can swap. They just don't do it when expected.

Any new lights outside?

I wonder how the camera manages to do anything if ethernet cable is unplugged while POE. I think there is much info missing here...

ryebread

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But from starting text, they can swap. They just don't do it when expected.

Any new lights outside?

I wonder how the camera manages to do anything if ethernet cable is unplugged while POE. I think there is much info missing here...
So this interesting you say that cause I think my neighbors might have added a new outside light but it’s like 100 yard away but I guess could be causing it. Was gonna try tilting my cam down a bit to avoid that light and see if it changed anything.

and Sorry I meant if I unplug and plug back in ethernet cable.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
So this interesting you say that cause I think my neighbors might have added a new outside light but it’s like 100 yard away but I guess could be causing it. Was gonna try tilting my cam down a bit to avoid that light and see if it changed anything.

and Sorry I meant if I unplug and plug back in ethernet cable.
That's possible.

Not knowing what the interface and scheduling looks like, you might set it to B/W instead of Auto when it switches to the Night profile and see what happens.