Cameras not holding time overlay

Underwhere

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 of the same Loryta IPC-T5442TM-AS cameras and have been running them for a while now.
For some reason none of them hold the time overlay. I go and set them via the web administrative console and it takes...but after a few days they just magically disappear and I need to back in and enable the time overlay again.

This has been going for probably over a year and I just cannot figure out why. (no power outages)

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Not a show stopper just very annoying that this configuration is not sticking.

I checked for updates and don't see any issues.

1658465617204.png

1658465544187.png

1658465512900.png

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a variety of cameras from different manufacturers. Each company likes to have the date displayed in different: font/size/location (by default). So I turn that off when I install them and just let BI time stamp them. That way my UI is consistent with all 16 cameras.

Underwhere

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a variety of cameras from different manufacturers. Each company likes to have the date displayed in different: font/size/location (by default). So I turn that off when I install them and just let BI time stamp them. That way my UI is consistent with all 16 cameras.
I could go that route as well but I prefer to specify the location of the overlay per camera.

What browser are you using to access the cam's webGUI and "save' the overlap config?
I'm using chrome. The timestamp works when I save and exit. It stays for a few days and then goes away. I just checked and when I posted this thread I re-enabled the timestamp. Now it's gone again.

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I could go that route as well but I prefer to specify the location of the overlay per camera.
You can specify the overlays per camera in BI also.

I'm using chrome. The timestamp works when I save and exit. It stays for a few days and then goes away. I just checked and when I posted this thread I re-enabled the timestamp. Now it's gone again.
You might try IE instead. I've read the settings stick better.

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks. This is a noobie question. What is BI?
It's Blue Iris... I guess I just assumed that's what you were using to record your cameras. If you are using a different NVR, then you probably need to set the overlays directly in the camera (or if you do it in the NVR, it is sending the change to the camera for you.)