Cameras keep going forward an hour

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK I have the 49425 and it doesn't exhibit that behavior.

I think what @Teken said above is a good next step. Take one of these cameras off your network and isolate it and see if it holds. At this point the only thing I can think of is the NVR or IVMS or something else is throwing code at the camera causing it to change.

naamang

n3wb
Reaction score
OK I have the 49425 and it doesn't exhibit that behavior.

I think what @Teken said above is a good next step. Take one of these cameras off your network and isolate it and see if it holds. At this point the only thing I can think of is the NVR or IVMS or something else is throwing code at the camera causing it to change.
I can find a single port injector around here somewhere tomorrow and give that a shot but don't know what that will accomplish if it does fix it. None of my NVRs or iVMS are configured to sync time with the cameras, I unchecked the time sync box on all three. Thanks for the assistance. I may have to just live with it this way.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it works, then you know it isn't the camera and is some other device/program that is causing it. That is what I am leaning towards since you have it on multiple cameras.

We have seen that with BI and the Dahua PTZs - even though BI isn't supposed to be able to change Motion Detection, it will turn Motion Detection on in the Dahua PTZs.

Many of us here were struggling with why did it keep enabling. Once we tested it isolated, it stopped being turned on. Hooked it back into BI and the check box would enable.

So now we set the MD to 1 block and the least sensitive and added a schedule of no time so that it can get enabled all it wants but it doesn't trigger the camera.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Ihad this issue for awhile with 4108 Amcrest NVR( DAhua OEM) and an Amcrest XVR, where by the NVR was " the Boss" of " Time keeping" and the cameras were like "slaves"
I forget how i figured out how to stop it....let me check some things.
turn off the NTP and DST check boxes on the Cams and let the NVR be the Boss of time...see if the NVR can take over the duties.
I think thats how i got it to quit acting up....Give the NVR an NTP address of your PC or from NetTime app
1714026391496.png
1714026803839.png

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
my cams are now " off the bossy NVR" and thusly no longer " slaves" to the NVR, because they are on a POE switch ( 192.168.0.xxx) with a different IP address than the internal NVR POE switches 10.x.x.x
I don't recall how I sorted this all out,,,,but since last fall, all the devices appear to be staying in Sync. my PC is 192.168.0.43

I see i have some housekeeping to do my DST 2024 end dates.... also 1 cam is on a default NTP server assigned by Amcrest at Clock.ISC.org.fuckyou you never worked right...:)
1714027384844.png

1714027665791.png
1714027896909.png1714027995983.png

Attachments

Last edited:

naamang

n3wb
Reaction score
my cams are now " off the bossy NVR" and thusly no longer " slaves" to the NVR, because they are on a POE switch ( 192.168.0.xxx) with a different IP address than the internal NVR POE switches 10.x.x.x
I don't recall how I sorted this all out,,,,but since last fall, all the devices appear to be staying in Sync. my PC is 192.168.0.43

I see i have some housekeeping to do my DST 2024 end dates.... also 1 cam is on a default NTP server assigned by Amcrest at Clock.ISC.org.fuckyou you never worked right...:)
View attachment 193170

View attachment 193173
View attachment 193175View attachment 193176
I'm a bit confused. You said in your first post to uncheck the NTP & DST boxes on the cameras and sync with the NVR that syncs with my PC via NetTime. Then in your last post you're showing most of your cams having the NTP & DST boxes checked and the cams syncing with your PC via IP? Is the NetTime software retrieving the time from an online server then making that time available to the NVRs and cameras via the PC's IP address? I have two NVRs, one Dahua and one Hikvision. I also have Dahua & Hikvison cameras and everything is connected to a 16-port POE switch. So I'm thinking configuring each camera to sync to the PC may be the better solution for me, eliminating any conflict between the two brands of NVRs.

Last edited:

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. You said in your first post to uncheck the NTP & DST boxes on the cameras and sync with the NVR that syncs with my PC via NetTime. Then in your last post you're showing most of your cams having the NTP & DST boxes checked and the cams syncing with your PC via IP? Is the NetTime software retrieving the time from an online server then making that time available to the NVRs and cameras via the PC's IP address? I have two NVRs, one Dahua and one Hikvision. I also have Dahua & Hikvison cameras and everything is connected to a 16-port POE switch. So I'm thinking configuring each camera to sync to the PC may be the better solution for me, eliminating any conflict between the two brands of NVRs.
Yes, setup your local computer as the time server, use the NetTime program referred to a few posts above, then in each camera settings enter the IP address of your local computer, the port number should be 123. It should work, it works for me. Caveat, I don't use a traditional NVR, I'm a Blue Iris guy, and my Blue Iris computer is the time server, where the NetTime program is installed and running. Dahua branded cameras do not have a 'test' button to check the success of NTP connection, but Hikvision branded do. You could try this prior to connecting your camera back into the NVR, just to see if it works.

naamang

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, setup your local computer as the time server, use the NetTime program referred to a few posts above, then in each camera settings enter the IP address of your local computer, the port number should be 123. It should work, it works for me. Caveat, I don't use a traditional NVR, I'm a Blue Iris guy, and my Blue Iris computer is the time server, where the NetTime program is installed and running. Dahua branded cameras do not have a 'test' button to check the success of NTP connection, but Hikvision branded do. You could try this prior to connecting your camera back into the NVR, just to see if it works.
Thanks. I read on the NetTime website to ensure that the Windows Time Service is disabled along with any other NTP servers but didn't say how to do this. Did you have to do that to get this to work? If so, how do I go about doing that?

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. I read on the NetTime website to ensure that the Windows Time Service is disabled along with any other NTP servers but didn't say how to do this. Did you have to do that to get this to work? If so, how do I go about doing that?
It's been a while since I did it, but if you go to SETTINGS > TIME & LANGUAGE > DATE & TIME you can turn off Windows setting the time automatically.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That won't kill the service. What happens is that the Windows time service will grab the port (123) that NetTime also uses. So you need to disable the W32Time service.

Bring up Task Manager, at the bottom click on Open Services. Scan the list for Windows Time. Right-click and select Properties. For Startup type, select disabled.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That won't kill the service. What happens is that the Windows time service will grab the port (123) that NetTime also uses. So you need to disable the W32Time service.

Bring up Task Manager, at the bottom click on Open Services. Scan the list for Windows Time. Right-click and select Properties. For Startup type, select disabled.
It's been a while since I did it, and I had a sneaking feeling there was something else.

naamang

n3wb
Reaction score

Thanks