Cameras I installed today

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installing a 9 camera system for a local business, we got 4 cameras installed today and the nvr. The client is impressed with the image quality of the hikvision cameras.

I will update as I continue to install cameras.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Nice job! Was the client impressed with daylight or night quality as well? I have not been able to impress anyone with the turret night vision when I was demoing it.

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The good thing about these installs is that their is plenty of light to now need IR

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes they went with a nvr, i quoted with job over 6 months ago before i really ever used played with Blue Iris, if i was to quote it today i think i would use blue iris then again i do like with hikvision you get a free app for smart devices.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes they went with a nvr, i quoted with job over 6 months ago before i really ever used played with Blue Iris, if i was to quote it today i think i would use blue iris then again i do like with hikvision you get a free app for smart devices.
Blue Iris is nice...but (as I see it) it requires an expensive (relative to an NVR) and a lot of user training for the user to be able to run it. IMO, it seems that (for a customer) an NVR is a lot simpler, no?

PS: Don't get me wrong...I'm a Blue Iris geek...and I'm completely satisfied with my BI implementation.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If the user cant work blue iris after its setup.. They won't be able to use the nvr.... For day to day use the blue iris mobile app is much more intuitive than others... You also have an always on pc to remote into to make changes to the network if need be without having to make a trip out...The instruction in both cases should be.. Don't touch anything or you will pay to have me fix it :)

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris is nice...but (as I see it) it requires an expensive (relative to an NVR) and a lot of user training for the user to be able to run it. IMO, it seems that (for a customer) an NVR is a lot simpler, no?

PS: Don't get me wrong...I'm a Blue Iris geek...and I'm completely satisfied with my BI implementation.
I agree these guys wanted something simple so i am happy with an nvr with this setup.

They did asked me today if I could monitor the setup for them, wondering what others to when monitoring and what do you charge?

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If the user cant work blue iris after its setup.. They won't be able to use the nvr.... For day to day use the blue iris mobile app is much more intuitive than others... You also have an always on pc to remote into to make changes to the network if need be without having to make a trip out...The instruction in both cases should be.. Don't touch anything or you will pay to have me fix it :)
@fenderman I am thinking that right now as i am sitting here it would be to be able to remote in right now and make changes as i don't have port forwarding setup yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I agree these guys wanted something simple so i am happy with an nvr with this setup.

They did asked me today if I could monitor the setup for them, wondering what others to when monitoring and what do you charge?

Oh yeah. Send the camera stream to BI. Then install the iOS or Android apps on their mobile devices. Then charge them $100.00 per month for "remote monitoring services". Then send $50.00 per month to Olde Q™!

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Send the camera stream to BI. Then install the iOS or Android apps on their mobile devices. Then charge them $100.00 per month for "remote monitoring services". Then send $50.00 per month to Olde Q™!
@Q2U do you give the blue iris app away for free?

Last edited by a moderator:

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Blue Iris IS an NVR. Put it in a cheap box like the "Consumer NVR" folks do. Tell them only use 4 cameras, turn off updates... Then hand it off to your customer with no support. Then after a year tell them they need a new one, it's outdated. What you talking about Willis...

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sweet, is that Ubiquity P2P I see up there?
Well kinda there is 4 building and all of them connect back to an omni over 5ghz on a 40mhz channel, they are also an internet customer of mine. ;)