Cameras freezing on 4.3.3

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
EDIT: I mean 4.4.3, not 4.3.3.

I was running 4.3.9.5 and I had no freezing. I updated to 4.4.3 and now my cameras keep randomly freezing and I need to "disable" and "enable" them again to get them to work.

Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What kind of cameras?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Email support...likely a specific issue with the reolink....

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been testing a couple of those exact cameras and don't have any issues using 4.4.3.3. Reolinks are a bit touchy with Blue Iris; a few things to check:

Cameras' Interface
1. Make sure the Reolinks are using the most recent firmware released in July.
2. Make sure the Reolinks are set to use "Baseline" in the H.264 profile setting.
3. Turn off 3D-NR.
4. Reboot the cameras.

Blue Iris
1. Set Intel hardware acceleration to "No" in the global settings.
2. Uncheck RTSP/stream timecode in each camera's video settings.
3. Raise the buffer to 20MB in each camera's video settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will try that.

Any reason for "Baseline" profile? Why can't I use main or high?

Also what is 3D-NR?

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have found that my quality has degraded after updating to the latest firmware since I have to choose "baseline".
yes...it will...its not a proper fix..reolink needs to allow iframe interval settings in their firmware...

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes...it will...its not a proper fix..reolink needs to allow iframe interval settings in their firmware...
Yes, but what I am saying is that on the old firmware I was on I didn't have any profile options, so my picture was better looking. By upgrading the firmware my picture looks worse now. Can I revert back to the old firmware if I have the file still? Or better yet what happens if I run the camera at "main" profile?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, but what I am saying is that on the old firmware I was on I didn't have any profile options, so my picture was better looking. By upgrading the firmware my picture looks worse now. Can I revert back to the old firmware if I have the file still? Or better yet what happens if I run the camera at "main" profile?
Running on the main will be just like your old firmware...but you will have issues...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What issues? I had no issues at all with my old firmware on 4.3.9.5
Well then you may not have issue now...but folks were having issues where the video was tearing...since there is no iframe interval adjustment there is nothing to be done...that is why reolink is not a good choice for BI particularly...

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well then you may not have issue now...but folks were having issues where the video was tearing...since there is no iframe interval adjustment there is nothing to be done...that is why reolink is not a good choice for BI particularly...
Weird. I had smudging/blurring issues, but that was because blue iris would automatically keep changing my frame rate to 21fps, but the dev said it's fixed in 4.4.3.3 which is why I really want to get it working.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Weird. I had smudging/blurring issues, but that was because blue iris would automatically keep changing my frame rate to 21fps, but the dev said it's fixed in 4.4.3.3 which is why I really want to get it working.
BI adapts to what the camera is sending it will not allow you to manually select a frame rate (that is set in the camera) - that function was working as intended...it works fine with cameras that allow you to adjust the iframe interval...dont know what changes he made but obviously you need to contact him to further trouble shoot it.

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do everything else on my list and try setting it back to main and see if it'll run. Since you weren't having issues before, it's worth a shot. If not, you can use different software like XProtect Go and iSpy both of which are free (Go is free for up to 8 cameras and 5 days of recordings).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I-Spy is not free.. there is a perpetual monthly fee for remote access and alerts...

btggh

n3wb
Reaction score
The principle about Reolink cameras connecting to a 3rd party software is that the camera and the software connect through ONVIF and the camera send out data through RTSP stream. The reason for lowering the resolution is that it will lower the frame rate which will lessen the influence cause by the instability of the internet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The principle about Reolink cameras connecting to a 3rd party software is that the camera and the software connect through ONVIF and the camera send out data through RTSP stream. The reason for lowering the resolution is that it will lower the frame rate which will lessen the influence cause by the instability of the internet.
The cameras dont send the stream over the internet. They are on local networks. The problem with reolink is bad firmware.