Cameras for new home - Suggestions

program2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all. I am in the middle of planning out my new home security. My company is covering all the low voltage work and camera installs but they want me to select the cameras I want.

Several years ago I ordered 6 or 7 of the Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z and only installed one of them so the rest are still in the box. I’m sure since then better options have emerged. Can you point me in the right direction? Prefer turret cameras.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all. I am in the middle of planning out my new home security. My company is covering all the low voltage work and camera installs but they want me to select the cameras I want.

Several years ago I ordered 6 or 7 of the Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z and only installed one of them so the rest are still in the box. I’m sure since then better options have emerged. Can you point me in the right direction? Prefer turret cameras.

Thanks!
That is an employment benefit I have never heard of....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 5442 series cameras are still considered the best all around camera.

The 4K/X and 4K/T models are great IF you have enough light or are willing to use the built-in white LEDs, but if not performance will be poor and those cameras do not see infrared and they are not available in varifocal yet either.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The 5442 series cameras are still considered the best all around camera.

The 4K/X and 4K/T models are great IF you have enough light or are willing to use the built-in white LEDs, but if not performance will be poor and those cameras do not see infrared and they are not available in varifocal yet either.
The 4k/x and 4k/t models are quite good at night rivaling and even besting the 5442 in low light.