Cameras compatible with LaView LV-KN988P84A4 8 Channel NVR

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, I bought LaView LV-KN988P84A4 8 Channel NVR with 4 1080P cameras about 7 yrs ago. The cameras are working fine but the night vision is lacking. I'm looking for suggestions.

If I want to keep the same NVR and just upgrade the cameras, what brands and models of cameras will work with this NVR? I think hikvision's cameras will work with LaView.

Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It will accept any ONVIF compatible camera, but it would be best to stay within the same manufacturer OEM (so probably Hikvision).

BUT, you are limited to 1080P (2MP) with that NVR, so you would probably want to upgrade the NVR anyway as the 4MP on the 1/1.8" sensor and 8MP on the 1/1.2" sensor are significant improvements over a 2MP camera.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback. Can you please suggest brand/model for new NVR and 4MP cameras?

It will accept any ONVIF compatible camera, but it would be best to stay within the same manufacturer OEM (so probably Hikvision).

BUT, you are limited to 1080P (2MP) with that NVR, so you would probably want to upgrade the NVR anyway as the 4MP on the 1/1.8" sensor and 8MP on the 1/1.2" sensor are significant improvements over a 2MP camera.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I bought LaView LV-KN988P84A4 8 Channel NVR with 4 1080P cameras about 7 yrs ago. The cameras are working fine but the night vision is lacking. I'm looking for suggestions.

If I want to keep the same NVR and just upgrade the cameras, what brands and models of cameras will work with this NVR? I think hikvision's cameras will work with LaView.

Thanks.
Hi @onyxlinkia

Looks like a Hikvision OEM kit ( typical of many LaView NVRs from that time period )

A newer Hikvision OEM NVR should work, or Hikvision VMS ( iVMS-4200 ) on a PC and PoE switch, or you can try a 3rd party VMS like Blue Iris VMS and PoE switch.

1680810194704.png

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @onyxlinkia

Looks like a Hikvision OEM kit ( typical of many LaView NVRs from that time period )

A newer Hikvision OEM NVR should work, or Hikvision VMS ( iVMS-4200 ) on a PC and PoE switch, or you can try a 3rd party VMS like Blue Iris VMS and PoE switch.

View attachment 159294
Thanks, this is more than I expected to spend:) May be I should stick with my current one.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, this is more than I expected to spend:) May be I should stick with my current one.
Ideally if you need better performing cameras AND you want them to work with that current NVR, I would look for Hikvision OEM IP PoE cameras which are 1080P / 2MP resolution with larger sensors for that size ( iirc 1/2.8" was decent ).

Now that stated, typical consumer branded cameras they like to sell more pixels .. and sell smaller ( cheaper ) sensor sizes.

Thus I believe you will have a challenge to find new stock 1080P / 2MP IP PoE cameras .. can they be found? yes .. however it will take some more work.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi mat200, thanks for your feedbck. Yea, those 2MP cameras are rather hard to find nowadays....

Ideally if you need better performing cameras AND you want them to work with that current NVR, I would look for Hikvision OEM IP PoE cameras which are 1080P / 2MP resolution with larger sensors for that size ( iirc 1/2.8" was decent ).

Now that stated, typical consumer branded cameras they like to sell more pixels .. and sell smaller ( cheaper ) sensor sizes.

Thus I believe you will have a challenge to find new stock 1080P / 2MP IP PoE cameras .. can they be found? yes .. however it will take some more work.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They will not in their native resolution. And if you have to downrez, you are better off staying with a native resolution camera.

Your NVR says it is rated for 2MP, so you cannot feed it more than a 2MP camera.
Argh...thanks for your confirmation, I was hoping to reuse the NVR in order to save some money.