camera won't trigger

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have an issue with one camera (4 on my test setup currently) that won't seem to trigger and record on motion detection. am i correct in that as i have read all motion detection happens in software so camera settings on the camera itself are a non factor? (reasonably speaking). if so, i have compared this camera to an identical camera (2 others) and cannot seem to find any difference in BI. i can manually trigger and record on this camera. not sure where else to go on this one. any suggestions are appreciated. i made sure there was no mask on image. i even put a bit down and cleared it just to make sure in case a reset was needed.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Post a screen shot of the motion tab for the camera that is not working from BI

Sentusing Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
disable object detect reject. Cameras motion settings are irrelevant.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok, i disabled it. here is screen shot after turning it off. i will see what happens. thanks!

Attachments

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@fenderman is right, the object detect reject should have been disabled by default by the developer as it is not useful for most situations and causes problems like you are experiencing. Hopefully this problem is resolved for you now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks! i am sure i turned it on "feeling out" the application.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My words came across as confusing as I went back and re-read my post. It was not you who turned on the object detect reject, but the developer who did. This is on by default on a fresh install of BI. I was simply suggesting that the dev for BI really should turn it off by default and have those who need it turn it on for use to prevent people from having problems such as yourself.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update. Since the one event I have not gotten another on this camera. Thoughts? Thinking of deleting and adding camera back.