Camera to Cloud (no NVR) recording. Need help

Edrenalin

n3wb
Reaction score
Trouble is I'm tight , if I can gat the rasberry pi to record / monitor it I will be ok

queequeg99

n3wb
Reaction score
[SNIP] NVR/DVR's are rarely stolen. The beauty of an NVR is that it can be placed ANYWHERE on the network so its easy to hide. You can even hide two of them for redundancy.
[SNIP]
Although I need to search around the forums some more (and maybe start a thread more on point), this is one of my bigger concerns. Perhaps overblown, but serious nonetheless in my mind. In our neighborhood (a pretty upscale area just north of Portland, OR), we've recently experienced some really brazen daytime burglaries. The thieves come in and take pretty much every piece of electronics. Phones, tablets, laptops. Xbox, blu ray players. All of the networking gear. Even the crappy old hand-me-down desktop computer in a kids room. And in the latest incident (which happened just down the street from us), once the thieves figured out they were caught on a camera, they dumped a couple of gallons of gasoline in an upstairs room and down the stairs and tried to burn the entire house down. Here's the story.

Pretty insane. After that incident, my wife wanted a camera installed ASAP. As in that day. So I picked up a pair of Arlo Qs at Costco. They were super easy to set up and they pop on and send alerts and record as I would want. But the quality of the footage is seriously lacking (similar to the Nest footage in the linked story). Basically, I'll never get a license plate given my camera placement restrictions and facial ID outside is impossible. Fortunately, I do have the ability to very discretely hide the cameras inside right at head height in central traffic lanes where thieves would move around inside the house. But I would like something outside and, quite frankly, none of the cloud based solutions seem up to the task, at least with my housing configuration. I'm also concerned about the cloud service reliability issues. I really like some of the test footage I've seen on Dahua cameras. If I go that route, I suppose it's really a matter of hiding my storage solution in a way that is not likely to be destroyed in a fire. Damned thieves.

Exocontact

n3wb
Reaction score
Why does everything has to be so complicated!? I too just want my new ONVIF IP cam to send video clip (or even just a few pictures) upon motion detection, to my free google cloud storage. Ideally with an email alert also. I don't want it to rely on an open app or local computer. Why isn't that possible? :-(

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why does everything has to be so complicated!? I too just want my new ONVIF IP cam to send video clip (or even just a few pictures) upon motion detection, to my free google cloud storage. Ideally with an email alert also. I don't want it to rely on an open app or local computer. Why isn't that possible? :-(
Hi Exocontact,

It is possible, just takes some hacking - or paying for a monthly service fee to those who have hacked a solution ( like the folks at Nest ).

Cheapest and most reliable solution is local onsite NVR. Worried about losing it - get 2 systems to record and hide one.

anhthoai

n3wb
Reaction score
EDITED BY FENDERMAN: THIS IS A SPAM POST, CLOUDBOX247 IS A SCAM.
That is very simple. Just buy any IP camera that supports FTP.
Then sign up https://www.cloudbox247.com and you will get free 10GB FTP account.
Now go to your account at cloudbox247 and authorize to your google drive account.
Go to camera settings, put your ftp account. Select upload trigger (Motion detection).
Now all videos/images will be uploaded to google drive.

Last edited by a moderator:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...yada...yada
What is this cam that will FTP recorded video? I'd like to buy one. Do you know the brand and model number?

anhthoai

n3wb
Reaction score
All cameras that support FTP can use cloudbox247.com to auto upload files to google drive. Foscam for example

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Then sign up https://www.cloudbox247.com and you will get free 10GB FTP account.
Now go to your account at cloudbox247 and authorize to your google drive account.
Go to camera settings, put your ftp account. Select upload trigger (Motion detection).
Setting aside the fact that cloud recording makes no sense, why in the world would someone upload their video to a random unknown website created 4 months ago and whose ownership info is protected by who is guard. If you want to run an ftp server you can build one for a few dollars...

anhthoai

n3wb
Reaction score
Please note: this service is only transferring gate, all files will be stored in google drive. You can delete files in cloudbox247 anytime you need.
And many limit at ftp, it can't view image/video online. You must download files from ftp first. That is not good idea.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Please note: this service is only transferring gate, all files will be stored in google drive. You can delete files in cloudbox247 anytime you need.
And many limit at ftp, it can't view image/video online. You must download files from ftp first. That is not good idea.
Yes, and please note you are a spammer trying to promote your UNSAFE insecure crap service. Avoid Cloudbox247.com like the plague, its a huge waste of time and and not only a security risk, but a deliberate scam.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
See Mr. Thoai, when you come here to peddle your crap and deliberately spam my forum, it will blow up in your face. In a few hours this page will be in the first few results on google, warning anyone who searches your crap service to avoid it. Cheers.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You expect people to upload their PRIVATE videos to your Vietnamese FTP site? are you nuts? Transferring gate my ass, as soon as the files are uploaded you have direct access to them, its an ftp site. CLOUDBOX247.COM IS A SCAM.

anhthoai

n3wb
Reaction score
Hum. You shouldn't say like that if you don't have proof. And Vietnamese is not good?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hum. You shouldn't say like that if you don't have proof. And Vietnamese is not good?
I have proof, you spammed this forum and failed to disclose that you run the ftp site yourself. Then you LIE and tell us its safe because everything is stored on google drive, forgetting that you have direct access to EVERY single file uploaded to your ftp site. That alone is enough. To top it off, the website was registered 4 months ago in Vietnam (no its not good). You have no security protocols in place and I would not trust you if you claimed you did. cloudbox247.com is a scam and should NEVER be used. Stop spamming forums. You have now learned the hard way.

anhthoai

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think a staff member of forum can state something like that. What is the purpose of this forum? Don't want to help people to get best solutions for their problems?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have proof, you spammed this forum and failed to disclose that you run the ftp site yourself. Then you LIE and tell us its safe because everything is stored on google drive, forgetting that you have direct access to EVERY single file uploaded to your ftp site. That alone is enough. To top it off, the website was registered 4 months ago in Vietnam (no its not good). You have no security protocols in place and I would not trust you if you claimed you did. cloudbox247.com is a scam and should NEVER be used. Stop spamming forums. You have now learned the hard way.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think a staff member of forum can state something like that. What is the purpose of this forum? Don't want to help people to get best solutions for their problems?
You dont think? Well I did. The purpose of this forum is to warn people about Vietnamese scammers like you.
www.cloudbox247.com is a scam.
You fucked up...you thought you can come here and spam, it blew up in your face. Deal with it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All cameras that support FTP can use cloudbox247.com to auto upload files to google drive. Foscam for example
You failed to answer my question in post #26: "What is this cam that will FTP recorded video? I'd like to buy one. Do you know the brand and model number?"

I currently have 8 cams of 3 different manufacturers, 1 of them is a Foscam, and have set up a hundred others, all can FTP but NONE of them can FTP anything but static images (jpg files), to the best of my knowledge.

How do you explain your statement "...Just buy any IP camera that supports FTP" and "...Now all videos/images will be uploaded" ??