Camera suggestion for dance studio live feed?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm looking for Camera suggestions to display a live feed for a dance studio.

This will have to be wirelessly streamed through a firetv stick so I'm not sure what resolution ( MP) would be the best choice.

I'm thinking 8MP ( 4k) which would be around 13.4mbps for each camera at 30fps . I will have 2 cameras but I do not think they will ever be played through the firestick at the same time.

Anyone have any suggestions or recomedations?

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

This will have to be wirelessly streamed through a firetv stick so I'm not sure what resolution ( MP) would be the best choice.

I'm thinking 8MP ( 4k) which would be around 13.4mbps for each camera at 30fps . I will have 2 cameras but I do not think they will ever be played through the firestick at the same time.

WiFi, and fireTV stick .. better check if your setup can handle "4K" with that setup ..

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
WiFi, and fireTV stick .. better check if your setup can handle "4K" with that setup ..
Theoretically it should.

Both the modems wifi and the fire TV stick suport 802.11a/b/g/n/ac ( 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band plus up to 450 Mbps on 2.4 GHz. ) and the fire TV stick supports 4k streaming.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Like they always say here "Go big or go home" and that NOT megapixel but sensor size!
4MP + high frame rate and bandwidth = no motion blur. Like a 5442 type camera with a 1 1/8 sensor.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
a fire stick?

thats a kids toy.

maybe try an Nvidia shield

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Is this a temporary install, semi-permanent for a time or permanent?
Why does it have to be wireless?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is this a temporary install, semi-permanent for a time or permanent?
Why does it have to be wireless?
Permanent install.
The wireless is because the TV is not going to be conected to a PC to access the cams via browser and there will not be an NVR to directly connect to the TV.
I am open to any other suggestions if you have some though.

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If all you want to do is have a monitor display what’s happening in the studio without recording, why not simply use an analog camera connected directly to the display via HDMI?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If all you want to do is have a monitor display what’s happening in the studio without recording, why not simply use an analog camera connected directly to the display via HDMI?
Honestly, I have looked for a quality 4k camera with hdmi out and cant seem to find anything other than a camcorder type camera.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Honestly, I have looked for a quality 4k camera with hdmi out and cant seem to find anything other than a camcorder type camera.
I know Hikvision makes one and I'm fairly sure Axis/Avigilon have cameras with an HDMI out.
HDMI output cameras are commonly used for entrance cameras at stores with a monitor showing the customers that they are on camera.

Other idea is HDMI over Ethernet, HDMI over IP or IP Decoder.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Perhaps a decent 4K camera .. Canon? Nikon? ..

I know someone who got a Dahua / Hikvision PTZ camera for a lecture hall setup ..